5 Positive Aspects of a Long-Distance Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 10 months, and 8 of those months have been long distance. There is a constant test of whether the relationship can survive or not while you’re away from each other. The distance can be hard, but there are tons of positive things that can come out of it. Here are five positive aspects of a long-distance relationship.

The Relationship Grows Stronger

Being away from each other is hard, but at the same time your relationship is getting stronger as time goes on.

Seeing Each Other

Seeing one another after time spent apart feels so good. There’s nothing better than seeing the one you love after being separated for a long time.

Trust Grows 

You have to a have a lot of trust to begin with in a relationship, but even more when you are apart. You have to trust that the other person in the relationship won’t do anything to hurt you, like cheat on you.

Better Communication

You have nothing to do most of the time except talk to each other. During that time, you learn to connect deeply and communicate well.

Patience

Whether it’s not receiving a text or call right away, or waiting to see them, you learn to be patient.

So there you go! Whether you’re worried about being in or are in a long distant relationship, there are some positive things that can come out of it!

Jaden Lundy

Wilfrid Laurier

I'm a girl who loves her food and also loves her dogs a.k.a my two favourites things in the entire world. 
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.