The Thoughts You Have While Writing An Exam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

It’s our favourite time of year: finals week! While some people may be lucky and not have to write any exams, others will have the full load of five. Here are some thoughts that most students have while writing an exam:

1. Oh, good. It’s finals week! Time for no sleep, lots of junk food, and even more stress.

2. Ok, everyone has their notes out. Should I be looking at my notes? Will that even help at this stage?

3. Oh no, the professor is here. Yes, please open the doors to my inevitable doom.

4. I have to find the perfect spot. View of the competition, but not too far from the prof in case of questions. Ah, here is perfect.

5. Do I have all my stationery ready? Maybe I should have brought more than one half-sharpened pencil and a pen that I’m not entirely sure works. Oh, well.

6. Alright, here we go.

7. You don’t have to know the very first question, right? Right?

8. I wonder what would happen if I ran out of here and flipped all the desks. Would I get arrested?

9. How long has it been?

10. My hand hurts.

11. Nice! I knew that question. Study hard, kids. You truly can achieve wonderful things.

12. Damn, I don’t know that question. Studying is futile… we’re all going to die anyway.

13. One hour left. I can do this.

14. Oh my god, people are leaving. I’ve still got to write this essay. Oh no.

15. Do they all know something I don’t?

16. It’s okay, power through. Smash through the wall!

17. Finally finished. Should I check through?

18. No, it’s alright. I trust past me.

19. Look at all these peasants still writing!

20. Freedom! Freedom!

21. …until my next exam this afternoon.

Ella is proud to be HC Western's President for the 2017-2018 year.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.