This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

So, here I am: Western University, second semester of my last year of undergraduate studies. Nope. Hard nope. I’m not ready for this.

I feel really bad for anyone who doesn’t enjoy their undergraduate experience. Personally, mine has done a number on me, but I wouldn’t change it. I would go back and do it all again if I could, but I wouldn’t “do it over” if you know what I mean—I would just like to live it twice. From my first Spoke bagel, to my first campus beer (turning 19 woo!), countless hours at Weldon library and the consistently crowded gym, this place has become a sanctuary during the best four years of my life. I’d like to show some appreciation for what university has had to offer.

Time to appreciate the little things

You know those really long lines in the UCC? Starbucks, The Spoke, Tim’s… doesn’t matter— you’ll be waiting for a solid 15 minutes for your order, my friend. But think about this for a second: how many times did you wait in line with your friends and have random conversations about courses, life, the new latte, or the cute boy in front of you? You’ve done that for four years, you’ve grown four years worth and were able to immerse yourselves in each other’s lives in such small experiences. Think about what you talked about in your first year, and now you’re talking about post graduation, real life and packing up four years of memories.

Taking a 180 in my undergraduate years and joining the Greek Community

I joined a sorority in my second year—definitely one of my best decisions. I’ve learned so much about myself and others by joining Alpha Gamma Delta. I met my absolute soul mate who I get to call my Big and have so many beautiful and intelligent women by my side. It’s one of those things I thought I’d worry about leaving, but it’s nice to be sure that even though I will be an alumna, I’ll always be an Alpha Gam no matter where I am. The friends I have made in Greek life have given me memories that I will hold onto forever because these people have made my undergrad the best time of my life. These people became my family. I guess you could say they feel like home.

I encourage anyone, if you’re looking for something more out of your undergraduate career to join the Greek community as it provides you with many opportunities for unreal memories, social and professional skills, and relationships. I wouldn’t be someone I’m proud to be if it weren’t for Alpha Gamma Delta.

Housemates

I wish I had more ways to describe my housemates. Two of them I have known since the sandbox and the other two I was lucky enough to meet here at school. It’s hard to put into words how blessed I am to have lived with these four beauties. Our dining room table has seen too many essays, puzzles, tears, late night pizzas, drinks and laughs, but “too many” is never enough with these four. Our living room is the most festive room you’ll ever see and the most warm and welcoming place I can think of. These girls and I have made that place one hell of a home and my heart breaks for people who have had conflicts and ended friendships over housemate drama. When I want to complain about stepping on some crumbs in the kitchen, I know I have friends that have their sink piled high every day with dirty dishes and stolen Tupperware. Living with these girls has taught me a lot of perspective and a lot about unconditional love. How they have put up with me for three years is beyond me, but I always share my snacks so I guess that’s helped.

If you are not happy with your living situation, it’s not worth it to stay. What I have gotten out of living with such a solid group is beyond priceless.

Love

Oh, Love. I just want to tell anyone who is “in love” during their undergraduate years, that’s great and I’m happy for you! Love it up. But if you’re not, that’s FINE—trust me. It’s a blessing and a curse and that’s no secret. There’s just so much more going on for you in university than “love.” However, romantic relationships and flings teach you a lot so don’t dismiss them all together if they come along. Explore and do your thing but don’t get hung up on love. I did and I wish I hadn’t, but it’s something that has made me who I am and I have learned to appreciate it.

Fall in love with yourself and your friends. That’s something you won’t ever regret and that’s a promise I can genuinely make to absolutely anyone. These are the years when you have time to fall in love with yourself, whoever you figure that out to be.

Now that it’s almost over.

I don’t believe university has a lot to do with teaching you academics. I think it’s more of an opportunity to discover your weaknesses, your strengths and your passions which have a larger impact on your intellectual abilities than anything academic. You come out knowing more about yourself, what you want, and how you go about living your own life outside of your parents. I believe I have made excellent use of these four years.

Now that I’ve put all of this out on the table, maybe I am ready.