Clubs to Join at Western University in September 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

With over 200 clubs, Western University provides countless opportunities for students to get involved on campus.

The USC website organizes its variety of clubs into categories such as cultural, philanthropy, academics and media production.

Here are some clubs from a variety of backgrounds you may be interested in:

Purple Yogis

Purple Yogis is an inexpensive way for students to join a community that practices spiritual and mental health. The club aims to provide members an opportunity to gain physical healthcare. Classes are held by yoga professionals.

Canadian Asian International Students Association

CAISA is well-known all over campus and holds an annual fashion show where all proceeds are donated to a philanthropic cause. For the past 17 years, proceeds have been donated to the Children’s Health Foundation. The 2018 fashion show raised over $50,000!

Free the Children Western

A subdivision of the Free the Children Foundation, the Western chapter charity aims to assist members in reaching their full potential to help youth in developing countries.

“[Free the Children Western] brought over 650 schools and school rooms to youth and provided clean water, health care and sanitation to one million people around the world,” according to the University Student’s Council club description.

Faculty of Social Science Council

Representing the entire undergraduate program for the social sciences, the club holds a variety of events designed to assist student life. The Social Science Council holds regular bar nights to integrate students with their fellow colleagues. Other events include barbeques on Concrete Beach and exam destresser socials!

There are countless other opportunities anyone can join, including sports, social justice and business clubs!

Interested in joining a club this September? Let us know in the comments below!