What Movies Taught Me About University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.
  1. You will instantly look about 23 years old and totally hot, fit, confident, and do-able. Those pimples that chased you all throughout your adolescent years? Gone. That 10 extra pounds you gained over the summer? Disappeared. And don’t even worry about having to find a fake I.D. – you look old enough that no one will even think for a minute you’re under the age of 21. 
  2. You won’t actually have to go to class, or do much studying outside of it.How will you have time to work on school with all the road trips you’ll be taking, hot seniors you’ll be dating, and constant partying? Your social life is jam packed. 
  3. Frat house parties will be the most epic night you’ve ever had – every single night.Crazy sh*t will always go down at a frat party. People will be having sex in every room, there’ll be bras hanging from chandeliers, and everyone, of course, is smoking hot. And don’t worry – it totally won’t be a sausage-fest.  
  4. Going to campus always consists on sitting on lush green lawns talking to friends.Everyone knows it’s always sunny and warm on university campuses, even those located in Southwestern Ontario. 
  5. You’ll have so much free time you won’t know what to do with yourself.Your grades are easily taken care of; don’t even worrying about stressing for exams. So you’ll have plenty of time to sleep in, attend football games, parties, and meet the love of your life. 
  6. Everyone is having sex with everyone. All the time. You’ll probably walk in on your roommate everyday with a new person lying in their bed. And yourself? Constant sex is guaranteed with your admittance to university. Also, all of your professors are sleeping with a handful of their students. 
  7. Any school-wide competition will determine the fate of your college career.If you don’t win that debate/all girls flag football tournament/singing competition/dance off/you see where I’m going with this — you might as well kiss your entire professional career both in college and afterwards goodbye.
Alexie is a graduate from The University of Western Ontario where she majored in English and minored in both Writing and Anthropology. She is now a graduate student at Western, where she is completing a Masters of Media in Journalism and Communications. Reality TV junkie and social media addict (follow her on instagram: @alexie_elisa and twitter: @AlexieRE_Evans), Alexie is ecstatic to be on the alum team of HC Western Ontario after loving being the campus correpondent in her undergrad!