This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Have you ever considered getting eyelash extensions? I recently tried them out for the first time. Needless to say, I have very mixed emotions.

As someone who usually only wears mascara, I wanted the lash extensions so I wouldn’t have to wear makeup on my spring break cruise to the Caribbean.

I made my way to London’s Gelous Beauty Bar excited, but apprehensive as well. Upon my arrival, I was asked to lie down on a blanketed massage table, close my eyes, and even fall asleep if I wanted to. The process would take an hour to an hour and a half.

The woman taped down my bottom eyelashes and got to work. The process was boring to say the least. Otherwise, it didn’t hurt at all. If you’re a little A.D.D. like myself, you’re in for the longest hour of your life

I walked out with beautiful, long, luscious lashes.

I loved having them for vacation. I literally didn’t have to wear any makeup at all during the day, and I didn’t even look hack in pictures! Winning! I think because I really stuck to the instructions (no oil-based makeup, not playing with them, trying not to sleep on my face and avoiding eyeliner), my lashes lasted extra long.

Now I get to the not so nice part.

I would say it took about two and a half to three weeks for them to start falling out in chunks.

At first, it wasn’t so bad – the odd lash missing here or there. Now, one month later, I look like one of those creepy baby dolls that you kept in your toy chest a little too long and now has a no hair, no clothes and a couple of eyelashes left.

Ok, that’s a bit dramatic. But kind of accurate.

Thank god I still have my hair.

My natural lashes, which were originally quite long and thick, are now very short and thin. I also still have the odd fake one still attached, which, I can’t for the life of me, get off without pulling it out.

I was out the other day and ran into a lash specialist who told me to rub coconut oil on my lash-line for about an hour to loosen the adhesive. I did this, and yes, a bunch of the extensions came off, but I still have the odd long lash sticking out.

Moral of the story is, if you’re going to get lash extensions, make sure you either plan on getting them filled every two to three weeks ($). Otherwise, don’t plan on feeling beautiful for the month or so after.

The beauty struggle is real.

Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.