Things Singles Say on Valentine’s Day

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

“Poetry? Please, your boyfriend is more of a girl than you are.”

“Can I go see Fifty Shades of Grey alone?”

“Maybe I should try to find it online. There’s something creepy about watching S & M with a bunch of couples in public…”

“All the single ladies! Wait…. Beyoncé is married.”

“I’m happy I’m single, this day is stupid.”

“Wearing red today is so cliché… but I can’t not.” 

“Like who pays $10 for a card these days?”

“I bet I’ll get a surprise, like a secret admirer. Shit – now I jinxed it, dammit.”

“Oh, it’s Valentine’s Day? Thanks for giving this day an entire aisle (every store for miles).”

“Thanks for the $10 card, Grandma.”

“Being single is so much fun.”

“Your 6 instagram pictures of you and your boyfriend suck.”

“Should I text my ex?”

“Where are all my friends?” 

“I’m a strong and independent woman!”

“I hope you and your super-over-affectionate-Hollister-model-looking-boyfriend fall off a cliff.”

“I hope the diamond in your new promise ring is fake.”

“I could check Tinder, like just for a joke.”

“Sorry stranger (Dave, 22) I will have to reject your proposal to meet up in the park later tonight for casual Fifty Shades of Grey type services.”

“You want to do what to my what?!”

“Where did all the good men go?”

“Thanks for the flowers, Mom.”

“I want to order food in… but all restaurants are busy…” 

“Am I really cooking myself food on Valentines Day?”

“Is drinking a whole bottle of wine alone on a Saturday allowed?”

“She got a heart necklace and a stuffed animal? Ha!” 

“I miss stuffed animals…”

“I could hug a pillow.”

“A necklace would be nice…”

“I need more single friends.”

“Omg! Becky is single!”

“Hey Becky! Want to hang out tonight?”

“Oh, you have a date?”

“That’s SO great, for you.”

“I am just SO happy.”

“Being alone is healthy.”

“What now?”

“…Is it over yet?”

Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.
Alexie is a graduate from The University of Western Ontario where she majored in English and minored in both Writing and Anthropology. She is now a graduate student at Western, where she is completing a Masters of Media in Journalism and Communications. Reality TV junkie and social media addict (follow her on instagram: @alexie_elisa and twitter: @AlexieRE_Evans), Alexie is ecstatic to be on the alum team of HC Western Ontario after loving being the campus correpondent in her undergrad!