Sohaa Ahmed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Meet HC Western Ontario’s cutie Sohaa Ahmed! This gorgeous girl is from Pakistan and is in her fourth and final year at Western, where she majors in Psychology. Let’s get to know a little bit more about Sohaa!

Relationship status? 

“Engaged”

How would you describe yourself in three words? 

Outgoing, driven, and ambitious.”

What do you like doing with your free time? 

“I love to read, especially books that deal with societal issues that are often ignored. It gives me a sense of how different people are affected by the changes that are happening in our society today.”

Your life in a song title?

“Vanilla Twilight — Owl City”

Any plans for Valentine’s day? 

Movie night with the girls.”

Who’s your celebrity ‘girl-crush’? 

“Emma Watson.”

What’s your biggest pet peeve? 

“I hate being late, whether it is for a class or a party. I’d rather just not attend at all than being late.”

What is your dream job?  

“Neuropsychologist.”

What has been your best experience at University so far?

“My most memorable experience was when I finally saw my research paper published on Western Scholar and WUPJ. It took one year and numerous editing sessions but it was totally worth it.”

What’s your favourite on-campus location?

“UC Hill.”

What’s your favourite thing about going to Western? 

“I have always adored the archaic architecture of the campus. The structure of the buildings really gives the campus an imperial look.”

What are your plans after graduating this year?

“Im hoping to take a year off from everything and just go and travel. I want to experience moments that I feel that I haven’t had and may not get if I stay in the same place. Once im done with all that I plan to take the MCAT exam.”

If you had the opportunity to travel anywhere, where would you go and why?  

“Yukon or NorthWest territories to see the Aurora Borealis. The Northern Lights have always captured my attention because I have never seen anything so magnificent in my life. I feel that it will definitely be a life changing experience for me.”

Alexie is a graduate from The University of Western Ontario where she majored in English and minored in both Writing and Anthropology. She is now a graduate student at Western, where she is completing a Masters of Media in Journalism and Communications. Reality TV junkie and social media addict (follow her on instagram: @alexie_elisa and twitter: @AlexieRE_Evans), Alexie is ecstatic to be on the alum team of HC Western Ontario after loving being the campus correpondent in her undergrad!