Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Western Ontario News

12 Makeup Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making

By Alexie Evans
April 21, 2013 - 12:20am

We've all been guilty of at least one of these makeup mistakes. Learn what the most common beauty mistakes are and how to fix them! 1. Not Using A Primer This is #1 for a reason! Applying a primer to your face first allows your foundation, concealer, and eyeshadow to glide on smoothly and last longer. Otherwise, makeup may settle into your fine lines and creases, making you look older. Try Victoria’s Secret PRO Airbrush FX line of primers. 2. Applying Foundation with a Sponge or Fingers READ MORE

Relay For Life

By Neha Khurram
April 4, 2013 - 3:00pm

Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back. On Saturday the 23rd of March, our fellow students camped out in the campus hub, the UCC, to raise awareness about cancer and raise funds to search for a cure. In the spirit of fighting back, western students came together for a night of remembrance, togetherness and good times. Photography by Fatimah Abbass READ MORE

Healthy Resolutions

By Shannon Stewart
March 24, 2013 - 11:01pm

If you’re discouraged after giving up your new-years healthy resolutions, do not fret! Here are a couple of small changes you can make that will help you be healthier in the long run. Replace white carbs with multigrain Virtually every healthy magazine advocates this. It is, however, for good reason. Not only will you be getting fiber and whole grain needs, you will also feel fuller for a longer period of time! Next time at the grocery store, pick up some multigrain wraps and breads. You will appreciate the taste after a few tries. READ MORE

How to Get Over Heartbreak

By Kira Hoffman
March 24, 2013 - 8:45pm

Realize that your heart is shattered. Count the pieces. Count every piece again and recognize the subtle shards, how each one permeated a centimeter of your soul. Measure the weight in memories. Recall the memories you fear you’ll forget. Write them down and burn the paper. Love them so much to accept their inevitable fall. Sweep the pieces under a bed or a desk, into the back of your subconscious. Look at yourself in the mirror. Count all the beauty marks your lover missed. READ MORE

Your Honest Guide to Casual Hook-Ups : Terminology

By Eternity E Martis
March 24, 2013 - 8:39pm

If you’re having a casual or unofficial sexual relationship with someone right now that is driving you nuts, I bet that you saw this and you clicked on it right away. That’s because the question as to whether or not casual sex can turn into a relationship is constantly arguable, debatable, and seemingly never answered. Before getting into whether your casual fling can turn into your next beloved in Part 2 of this article, let’s first explore the different types of casual hook-ups: READ MORE

The Big O: Everything You Need to Know About the Female Orgasm

By Alexie Evans
March 2, 2013 - 6:29pm

Yes, it happens. And girls, admit it - when it does happen, we love it. It’s a feeling better than taking a cold shower after a long, hot day. Better than digging into a plate of food after a juice fast, and even better than finding your cell after frantically tearing your house apart. But what exactly is a female orgasm? Why do only 25 percent of women achieve one all the time during sex, while more than 90 percent of guys do all of the time? And what can you do to get an orgasm more easily? Compared to the male version, the female orgasm is one of nature’s most interesting and complicated phenomenons. And guys - don’t worry. We won’t tell if you “accidentally” clicked on this link. What Is It?...

Makeup Guide: Splurge or Save?

By almeerajaffer
March 2, 2013 - 5:45pm

As students we love to save money wherever and whenever we can. So when it comes to makeup, when is the price too high to be justified and when is it understandable? There are some products which can justify splurging but others that you can purchase for half the price at the drugstore. Save: READ MORE

Bell Let's Talk Day

By Alexie Evans
February 11, 2013 - 12:16am

This upcoming Tuesday, February 12th is the third annual "Let's Talk" day, sponsored by Bell. For every text message sent and each long-distance call made on this day by Bell customers, Bell will donate 5 cents to mental health related initiatives. For those who aren’t a Bell customer, 5 cents will also be donated for every tweet that uses #BellLetsTalk and every Facebook share of Bell’s Let’s Talk image. READ MORE

The Six Types of People you Meet in the 695 Elevator

By Alix Gropper
February 11, 2013 - 12:03am

After three years living in a basement of a chaotic townhouse I finally took a big girl step and broke my apartment virginity. I do love the calm atmosphere, the clean kitchens and the lack of fall millipedes giving me near heart attacks on unsuspecting Tuesday mornings. However, in all honesty, the shiny walls, semi respectable neighbors and feeling of competence, did not shy away from the most awkward/annoying/hilarious part of living in an apartment building…the one form of transportation with a mirror large enough to look into your soul. You all know what I am referring to - the dreaded ELEVATOR: READ MORE

Top Trends for the Charity Ball

By Krystyna LaChance, Rida Ahmed
January 31, 2013 - 2:45am

With the charity ball just around the corner, we thought we’d share some trends and tips to look your best this Saturday night. LBD The classic Little Black Dress. Already in your closet? Perfect. Pair it with a pair of statement glittery heels and you're ready to wow at the ball. Peplum Peplum dresses are all the rage right now. You can buy them at Forever 21, H&M and many of the other stores listed in that article. If you're looking to be a little more glam than ghetto, try a longer style that reaches the knees or 2 - 3 inches above. Anything higher and you'll look like you're headed to the bar, not a ball. READ MORE