Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Western Ontario Features

Remembering Oscar de la Renta: Our Favourite Gowns

By Alexie Evans
October 23, 2014 - 3:04pm

With the heartbreaking news of Oscar de la Renta's passing away this week, we put together our top 5 favourite looks by this legendary designer. "The qualities I most admire in women are confidence and kindness." - Oscar de la Renta READ MORE

The Western Student 10 Commandments

By Bethany Dietz
October 20, 2014 - 9:39pm

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before coffee.
  2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or anything any likeness of Queen’s.
  READ MORE

From Selfies to Six-Packs: When and Why Did Bodybuilding Become the New Insta-Craze?

By Stephanie Kesler
October 16, 2014 - 8:10pm

Can we all agree it’s hard not to notice the recent transition from selfies and OOTD instagram posts to muscle gain and meal-prep posts? Now, we all know guys have been worrying about their six-packs for ages, but when did it become popular for girls to do it too? When did duck-face pics get replaced with “back lat spread” pics?  READ MORE

The 10 Instagrams We're All Guilty of Having

By Alexie Evans
October 6, 2014 - 7:12pm

Whether or not you’d like to admit it, we can almost guarantee that frequent Instagram users will have posted at least one (if not more) of these 10 classic Instagram posts. Don’t believe me? I’ve included an example of every post I too am guilty of having from my own Instagram account. @alexie_elisa READ MORE

7 Ways to NOT Become a Broke Bum in University

By Stephanie Kesler
September 29, 2014 - 10:44pm

READ MORE

Dealing With Depression

By sabrynabrooks
September 29, 2014 - 7:25pm

Depression is a monster that many of us know, especially seeing as depression is more common in females than in males (though far from non-existent). However, it is important to know that depression is not feeling down for a couple of minutes or feeling unhappy because you got a hole in your favourite pair of socks. Depression is feeling like a mouth of darkness has opened up and swallowed you. It feels like you’re drowning and everyone around you is screaming at you to learn how to swim.  It’s an incredibly hopeless feeling.  READ MORE

How To Tackle Your First Year at UWO

By Emily Sara
September 22, 2014 - 6:02pm

READ MORE

6 Reasons You Made the Right Choice to Move Away for School

By Brooke Horrobin
September 19, 2014 - 12:45am

Although you’ve probably burnt a hole in either your parents’ or your own pocket right now with all the money it costs to move away, you have to think you did it for a reason.  Don’t worry, you definitely made the right decision.  Although it may be hard to focus on school work with all of the exciting events going on, you definitely won’t miss out on the real college experience that is moving away for school.    READ MORE

First Year Bucket List

By Natalie Christina
September 10, 2014 - 2:05pm

Need I say more - if first year at UWO is done properly these items will be completed almost naturally.  When you finish this bucket list, consider yourself among the truest and purplest of Mustang freshmen. 1. Join a club. READ MORE

Roommate Agreement

By Steph Tzogas
September 9, 2014 - 6:26pm

It’s that time of year again, where cars get filled to the brim and garbage bags become your best packing buddy. You might be living with people you’ve known or lived with before, or maybe this will be your first time living with these people. Regardless of who you’re living with and how long you’ve known them, you should think about creating a roommate agreement. Would you have moved into a place that asked you to just trust your landlord’s ‘word’ instead of having a written and signed lease? Probably not. So try approaching a roommate agreement like you would a lease because there are certain things that need to be discussed, agreed upon, and deemed non-negotiable, whether you’re living with friends or people you’ve just met....