Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Western Ontario Features

7 Ways to NOT Become a Broke Bum in University

By Stephanie Kesler
September 29, 2014 - 10:44pm

READ MORE

Dealing With Depression

By sabrynabrooks
September 29, 2014 - 7:25pm

Depression is a monster that many of us know, especially seeing as depression is more common in females than in males (though far from non-existent). However, it is important to know that depression is not feeling down for a couple of minutes or feeling unhappy because you got a hole in your favourite pair of socks. Depression is feeling like a mouth of darkness has opened up and swallowed you. It feels like you’re drowning and everyone around you is screaming at you to learn how to swim.  It’s an incredibly hopeless feeling.  READ MORE

How To Tackle Your First Year at UWO

By Emily Sara
September 22, 2014 - 6:02pm

READ MORE

6 Reasons You Made the Right Choice to Move Away for School

By Brooke Horrobin
September 19, 2014 - 12:45am

Although you’ve probably burnt a hole in either your parents’ or your own pocket right now with all the money it costs to move away, you have to think you did it for a reason.  Don’t worry, you definitely made the right decision.  Although it may be hard to focus on school work with all of the exciting events going on, you definitely won’t miss out on the real college experience that is moving away for school.    READ MORE

First Year Bucket List

By Natalie Christina
September 10, 2014 - 2:05pm

Need I say more - if first year at UWO is done properly these items will be completed almost naturally.  When you finish this bucket list, consider yourself among the truest and purplest of Mustang freshmen. 1. Join a club. READ MORE

Roommate Agreement

By Steph Tzogas
September 9, 2014 - 6:26pm

It’s that time of year again, where cars get filled to the brim and garbage bags become your best packing buddy. You might be living with people you’ve known or lived with before, or maybe this will be your first time living with these people. Regardless of who you’re living with and how long you’ve known them, you should think about creating a roommate agreement. Would you have moved into a place that asked you to just trust your landlord’s ‘word’ instead of having a written and signed lease? Probably not. So try approaching a roommate agreement like you would a lease because there are certain things that need to be discussed, agreed upon, and deemed non-negotiable, whether you’re living with friends or people you’ve just met....

12 Makeup Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making

By Alexie Evans
April 21, 2013 - 12:20am

We've all been guilty of at least one of these makeup mistakes. Learn what the most common beauty mistakes are and how to fix them! 1. Not Using A Primer This is #1 for a reason! Applying a primer to your face first allows your foundation, concealer, and eyeshadow to glide on smoothly and last longer. Otherwise, makeup may settle into your fine lines and creases, making you look older. Try Victoria’s Secret PRO Airbrush FX line of primers. 2. Applying Foundation with a Sponge or Fingers READ MORE

Relay For Life

By Neha Khurram
April 4, 2013 - 3:00pm

Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back. On Saturday the 23rd of March, our fellow students camped out in the campus hub, the UCC, to raise awareness about cancer and raise funds to search for a cure. In the spirit of fighting back, western students came together for a night of remembrance, togetherness and good times. Photography by Fatimah Abbass READ MORE

Healthy Resolutions

By Shannon Stewart
March 24, 2013 - 11:01pm

If you’re discouraged after giving up your new-years healthy resolutions, do not fret! Here are a couple of small changes you can make that will help you be healthier in the long run. Replace white carbs with multigrain Virtually every healthy magazine advocates this. It is, however, for good reason. Not only will you be getting fiber and whole grain needs, you will also feel fuller for a longer period of time! Next time at the grocery store, pick up some multigrain wraps and breads. You will appreciate the taste after a few tries. READ MORE

How to Get Over Heartbreak

By Kira Hoffman
March 24, 2013 - 8:45pm

Realize that your heart is shattered. Count the pieces. Count every piece again and recognize the subtle shards, how each one permeated a centimeter of your soul. Measure the weight in memories. Recall the memories you fear you’ll forget. Write them down and burn the paper. Love them so much to accept their inevitable fall. Sweep the pieces under a bed or a desk, into the back of your subconscious. Look at yourself in the mirror. Count all the beauty marks your lover missed. READ MORE