This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

This week is Mental Health Awareness Week at HC Western Ontario. Join the conversation with #HCWesternTalks.

We often fail to realize that for every one person who struggles with their mental health, there are multiple people around them who suffer with them out of empathy and out of love. This is not a struggle to be had alone, we fight for ourselves and we fight for those around us. No single person is a monster and no single person can be a hero. 

In this poem I would like to lend you my words. I hope that when you find either yourself or someone you love in this poem my words comfort you. I hope I have been able to say the things you couldn’t. Let my words wrap you in a hug that makes you feel less alone and please know that I love you. 

“Monsters” – Written and Preformed by Megan Morris

Megan is in her fourth year in Psychology and Visual Art at Western University(Kings University Collage) She loves writing in any style but her passion lives and breaths in poetry, specifically slam or spoken word poetry. She is an avid animal lover owning an insanely hyper German Shepard, and rescue chinchilla and a stunning PercheronxThoroughbred horse who is also the love of her life. She hopes to continue with writing as a career and the ultimate dream is to have her own TED talk. Here is a shameless plug for her Instagram account- @megss0
Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.