Look Fabulous in 10 minutes!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

It’s 9:30 in the morning and you jump out of bed in a cold sweat. The extra five minutes of sleep turned into half an hour and you should have left ten minutes ago! So how do you get ready and look great at the last minute? That’s easy, just follow our tips!

1.The outfit: In a situation like this, finding a cute outfit in a hurry is difficult. For safety
reasons, always have two emergency outfits ready according to the season. That means, go home and sift through your closet for two reliable outfits. Try them on and make sure they look good, taking situations like a fat-day into account! Since you’ll be in a hurry, don’t bother with an outfit that is too complicated; opt for something simple like jeans and a blazer which always looks fab! If anything, go all black with some bright shoes and cute accessories.

2.The Make-up:
Thanks to some of the greatest minds of our generation, you can find make-up with multitasking abilities! With some great products like blush that doubles as lipstick, or tinted moisturizer, getting ready in a time crunch is easy. First, wash your face with cold water to revitalize your skin and try using redness reducing eye drops for tired eyes.  Next, use a tinted moisturizer, preferably one with SPF in it. Then use the modern marvel that is the dual purpose blush across the apples of your cheeks and your lips for a healthy, glowy look. Two important tricks to wake up the eyes; apply two coats of mascara and, if you have time, apply eye liner to your upper eye lids to look awake. If you can’t live without lip gloss or lipstick, you can apply that on your way to class!

3.The Hair: I’m not sure about you guys, but unfortunately I’m not part of the lucky 5% that
wakes up with great hair! In a time crunch, its important know how to do a few easy hair styles that require very little time and effort. Some cute and easy hair styles include ponys, buns and topknots. To add some drama, use a cute headband. Dry shampoo is a great investment for those with greasy hair. For some great tutorials visit thebeautydepartment.com

4.The food: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and even a time crunch isn’t an excuse to skip it! To stay well nourished, grab a granola bar or an apple (some claim that an apple is better at waking you up than caffeine) on the go. If you have some more time, eat a small bowl of cereal or grab a bagel or a breakfast sandwich from Timmies.

Source: http://thebeautydepartment.com/makeup/

Rida is a fourth year student at the University of Western Ontario and is extremely excited about the opportunity to bring Her Campus to London! She recently changed her major from Finance to English Literature after finally realizing what she wanted to do with her life. Having spent her whole life in the Middle East (Dubai and Saudi Arabia) Rida had no choice but to grow up a shopaholic! Having shifted from the desert to the great ice box that is Canada, she still finds it difficult to adjust to the freezing weather. In her spare time, Rida likes reading, watching way too many shows, stuffed crust pizza and,of course, shopping! Her aspirations are to one day live in Paris and be a writer for Vogue.