Law School Admissions Council Forum in Toronto

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Are you a senior student at Western this fall? Some of you may be entering your final year at UWO, and now is the time where you may be starting to think about (and stress out about!) what to do when you’re finished your undergraduate degree. If you’ve ever thought about going to law school after university, or even if you’re not sure what it is you want to do, the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) Forum is here to help you broaden your job opportunities for the future.

On Monday, September 22nd, the LSAC will be hosting a law school forum in Toronto at the Hyatt Regency Toronto. The Forums offer a ton of different workshops, including the Diversity Information Panel, About the LSAT and Financing a Legal Education.The LSAC Law School Forums are the only forums that offer a workshop lead by an actual member of the team writing the LSAT, which is helpful in providing you with first-hand knowledge and feedback on what to expect during your preparation to apply to law school.  As a result of attending the LSAC forum, over 75% of previous attendees have discovered schools they had never even known about!

Many people do not know that since the 2009 recession, a very large scope of job opportunities have become available to those after law school, including jobs in fields such as social media, entertainment, and sports. Besides the exciting and unique job opportunities that come with attending law school, there’s also a financial benefit – for those who go into the law field, there is a positive rate of return on average salary over course of lifetime versus the cost of tuition.

The forums will give you a unique opportunity to ask questions directly to lawyers, LSAC members, finance and financial aid specialists, law school diversity directors, and admissions professionals. If you’re interested in applying to law school, the LSAC is an amazing learning opportunity! For more information about law school and the upcoming LSAC forum,, check out LSAC.org.

Alexie is a graduate from The University of Western Ontario where she majored in English and minored in both Writing and Anthropology. She is now a graduate student at Western, where she is completing a Masters of Media in Journalism and Communications. Reality TV junkie and social media addict (follow her on instagram: @alexie_elisa and twitter: @AlexieRE_Evans), Alexie is ecstatic to be on the alum team of HC Western Ontario after loving being the campus correpondent in her undergrad!
Brittany is passionate about the development of communities, both online and offline. As the Director of Community Development & Strategic Programming for Her Campus Media, Brittany oversees the development and growth of the Her Campus Chapter and Alumni Networks. She also oversees internal professional development and mentorship programming for current students and postgrads, including the first annual 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women list. Currently, Brittany spearheads programming and production of Her Campus's tentpole conference series - Her Conference and Her Conference: High School - and the production of College Fashion Week 2015.Brittany's pastimes include listening to live music, reading books in their physical form, being outdoors, and consuming way too much coffee. She is an alumna of Boston College and currently lives in Austin, TX. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram.