This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Name: Lauren Forster

Age: 19

Program: MIT, Minor in Women’s Studies

Hometown: Vancouver, BC

Tell me about yourself and all the things you do at Western. 

I want to go into film production and aspire to be a cinematographer. Besides writing for Her Campus, I work at Western TV and am excited to be taking dance and Zumba class at the rec centre!

How did you hear about Her Campus? Why did you decide to join?

I heard about Her Campus from friends who were writing and sharing articles. I love to write think pieces and knew that Her Campus provided a great outlet for writing articles.

What was you favourite thing to do in London?

I love exploring the Thames River walking trails! I also really enjoy going to the Cardboard Cafe with friends to play board games. 

What did you do this summer?                                   

This summer, I went to Portugal for two weeks with my family. I also spent time working at a Fish & Chips restaurant.

Do you have any mottos that you live by?

“Be as open minded as possible” and “Be Kind.”

Do have any guilty pleasures?

I don’t believe in “guilty” pleasures (you shouldn’t let people make you feel bad about things you enjoy). However, I love Bachelor/ette/in Paradise, which a lot of people would probably include in the “guilty pleasure” category.

What’s your favorite thing to do in your spare time?

I really enjoy watching musicals.

What is your goal for this year? (life, school, etc)

I think my goals for this year include keeping an 80% so I can maintain my scholarship, narrow my focus in my program, and become more comfortable/acquainted with London!

Megan is a fourth year student at Western University, studying at the Ivey Business School. She one day hopes to pursue a career that merges technology and marketing. In her spare time, Megan loves to dance, write, and travel. 
Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.