Faith Clark, Cool Cat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Faith Clark is a pretty cool cat. I say this despite the lack of cats in her life, but because I really like cats and I really like Faith. She was born and raised in ­­Brockville, Ontario—don’t worry, no one has heard of it. But now she lives here in London, Ontario where she attends UWO as a first year arts student hoping to switch into the English Language and Literature module for next year!

But back to the cool cat thing, here is my proof:

Faith’s favourite book is “Gone with the Wind” by Margaret Mitchell. I have never met someone who willingly read “Gone with the Wind,” let alone liked it enough to immediately bring it up as her favourite book. Hello, props to that, Faith!

Her favourite show is Gilmore Girls. It’s no surprise that one of Faith’s best friends is her mom. (Rory and Lorelai are definitely mother/daughter goals.)

Faith was also a very dedicated fan of One Direction – R.I.P. 1D – she attended three of their concerts, two of them being the same one! A shout out goes to her parents for tagging along to Ottawa for the tickets she won! They wore 1D shirts, it was very cute.

Faith is a published author! In the sixth grade she wrote a short story and got that bad boy published in a Young Writer’s Book. She has a blog, closetothemadness.wordpress.com, but doesn’t update it regularly – let’s be honest, who has the time? If you want to read Faith’s work on the regular keep your eyes open for her pieces here on Her Campus! My personal favourite of hers is “The Worst Advice I’ve Ever Heard About Love.”  

Our cool cat here really enjoys the usual things: music, reading, writing, watching TV, and Pinterest. This just scratches the surface though. She also camps with her family, partakes in yoga, and is all about the traveling. She says the best place she’s ever been was Ireland because the mountains and the sheep were the coolest thing she’s ever seen. Most recently she went to New York City with her mom for a few days just for fun (Gilmore Girls goals, am I right?).

I’ve recently had the pleasure of hanging out with and getting to know Faith, and I’ve got to tell you, she’s pretty awesome.

Former Editor in Chief of Her Campus Western, 2018-2019. I spend my time working towards and English degree with a minor in creative writing. My motto is, "do what makes you happy" - I don't know who said it first but it's some damn good advice. I love everything HCW related and want nothing more than to continue watching this chapter grow!
Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.