Daring Dresses: November’s Best-Dressed Ladies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Every girl loves a good dress. Especially an extravagant one you can only dream of wearing. 

This month has been bursting at the seams with glitz, glamour, undies, and feathers. While it may not be the Oscars, the Victoria’s Secret after-party and Whitney Port’s wedding is enough to steal our fashion attention. 

First off, can we just say there are very few girls in this world that can rock a mullet-dress on their wedding day. But with legs like those, you better show them off, girl! Whitney Port oozes elegance as we get our first peak into her November 7th wedding. She combines a customized Ashli Studio lace dress with a unique, and oddly chic, messy bun. If there’s one day you want to stay true to yourself, it’s your wedding day. We applaud you for taking risks and owning them. You killed it, Whitney! 

While the girls of the VS Fashion Show leave little to the imagination on stage, their after-party attire is slightly less revealing, but equally as sensual.

If you got it, flaunt it, girls!

Our personal favourite is Gigi Hadid in a slinky, black cutout dress that shows off all of her assets. Gigi perfects the look with low-maintenance hair and make-up to contrast the outwardly sexy gown. 

She may not be a household name, but damn, with this outfit, Shanina Shaik should be! Channeling her VS angel alter ego, Shanina awes in a glimmering Suhair Murad mini-dress. With many of the models failing to impress at the after-party, Murad definitely comes out on top.

It’s worth mentioning that while we’re aware this isn’t quite considered a dress, it’s arguably not your average lingerie either. We’re so proud of Kendal Jenner as she makes her VS debut in this amazing blue and red corset set. Wrap that skirt around the front and voila! – the most badass dress around.

Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.