Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Western Ontario Celebrities

Taylor Ward

By Alexie Evans
October 17, 2014 - 7:30pm

This week we caught up with fourth year BMOS and Honors Specialization in Accounting Taylor Ward. Even though she’s from small town called Almonte near Ottawa, Ontario, this determined senior definitely has big city dreams. Taylor leads a busy life with her involvement in student clubs, a job with the Mustangs, as well as a jam-packed social life.    What made you decide to come to Western? "Western’s student experience!" READ MORE

Anita Wing Lee

By Alexie Evans
October 9, 2014 - 9:31pm

This week we had a chance to interview Anita Wing Lee, Western alum with a dual degree in both MIT (Media, Information and Technoculture) and Honors Business Administration (Ivey). After struggling at a young age with body image, Anita decided to take hold of her own future and dedicated herself to sharing her own experiences and helping other students achieve their career aspirations. At only 23 years of age, Anita has travelled to 21 different countries (Greece, Rwanda, Thailand, and Panama to name a few!), scored several awesome internships, won awards at international conferences, and has received nearly $30,000 in grants and scholarships! READ MORE

Dustin Smith

By Alexie Evans
October 2, 2014 - 4:36pm

When he’s not binge watching Game of Thrones or spending time at the Ceeps, you can find Dustin Smith playing on one of his many intramural teams at Western, or fulfilling his role as a faculty soph at King’s. Raised in the small town of Orangeville, Ontario from a family of seven kids (yep - seven!), Dustin is now in his fourth and final year at King’s, where he is majoring in Criminology with a minor in Psychology. READ MORE

Isabelle Raghem

By Brooke Horrobin
September 27, 2014 - 3:23pm

Isabelle Raghem, a student who is very involved on campus, is this week’s campus celebrity. Isabelle is in her fourth year at UWO, doing a degree in Media, Theory and Production (MTP), a collaborative with Western and Fanshawe. This program is very prestigious, seeing as only 9 students were accepted in Isabelle’s stream.  The great thing about this program is that after four years, students receive both a Western degree and a Fanshawe diploma. In order to get both a degree and a diploma, the schooling would normally take 6 years (4 for the university degree and 2 for the college diploma). READ MORE

Mannat Sharma

By Brooke Horrobin
September 16, 2014 - 4:41pm

This week’s campus celebrity issue features a very bright and involved young woman, Honours Specialization in Health Science student Mannat Sharma.  Mannat is in her fourth year and will be traveling to Washington D.C. in the U.S. for her last semester as an undergraduate student through the Fulbright-Killam Fellowship program. This is a very prestigious program in which fewer than 20 students in Canada are chosen each year. Mannat will be representing Western University at American University in D.C. beginning in January.  This program, which is supported by Foreign Affairs, International Trade Canada, and the American Killam Trusts, is an important part of the foundation’s strategy to create mutual understanding between Canada and the U.S.  ...

Jessica Fay

By Rida Ahmed
April 21, 2013 - 2:23am

For this week’s campus celebrity issue, we met up with English Literature student Jessica Fey. Jessica is on her last year at Western and will be going to law school next year at the University of Toronto. AT Western, she has been involved with WIN (the Women’s Issues Network), V-Day at Western and the Sexual Assault Centre London. READ MORE

Samantha Clarke

By Alexie Evans
April 1, 2013 - 6:33pm

Looking for something to do this upcoming Wednesday, April 3rd? Well Mustangs, search no further! Brought to you by our very own Samantha Clarke, the Med-Syd Formal Lounge will be transformed into the best Australian-themed party in London: Western U Down Under! Fourth year kinesiology student Samantha Clarke is currently a finalist in a contest that Campus Perks and Tourism Australia are holding to win the opportunity to be a Travel Blogger on a 17-day trip to Australia. In order to win this title, Samantha is bringing “The Best Jobs in the World” Campaign to Western University. There are six fantastic jobs offered in the campaign, including: READ MORE

Steph Connor

By Rida Ahmed
March 24, 2013 - 8:15pm

Meet Stephanie Connor, a fourth year Western student and Senator at Large.  1.Tell us a little bit about yourself
My name is Stephanie Connor, but I prefer going by “Steph Connor”. I am from Barrie, Ontario and I am currently a fourth-year student at Western completing a double major in Political Science and Philosophy. I am a HUGE foodie, crazy about social media, and I love nature & the great outdoors (preferably when it’s warm outside). I have a holistic view of health and nutrition, and believe in natural remedies ONLY. READ MORE

Nicole McFadden

By Alexie Evans
March 7, 2013 - 2:46am

Well Mustangs, it’s happening again. One of our own, Nicole McFadden, is following in the footsteps of Western alumni Liz Trinnear and is vying to be the next MuchMusic VJ. Nicole is from the tiny little town of St. Joachim Ontario. At 22 years old, Nicole is in her fourth year at Western in a collaborative program with Fanshawe College where she takes both MIT classes at Western, and practical classes at Fanshawe where her class runs the radio station 106.9 The X. READ MORE

USC 2013 Elections: Team Whelan

By Rida Ahmed
February 11, 2013 - 4:00am

Patrick Whelan READ MORE