Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Western Ontario Celebrities

Isabelle Raghem

By Brooke Horrobin
September 27, 2014 - 3:23pm

READ MORE

Mannat Sharma

By Brooke Horrobin
September 16, 2014 - 4:41pm

This week’s campus celebrity issue features a very bright and involved young woman, Honours Specialization in Health Science student Mannat Sharma.  Mannat is in her fourth year and will be traveling to Washington D.C. in the U.S. for her last semester as an undergraduate student through the Fulbright-Killam Fellowship program. This is a very prestigious program in which fewer than 20 students in Canada are chosen each year. Mannat will be representing Western University at American University in D.C. beginning in January.  This program, which is supported by Foreign Affairs, International Trade Canada, and the American Killam Trusts, is an important part of the foundation’s strategy to create mutual understanding between Canada and the U.S.  ...

Jessica Fay

By Rida Ahmed
April 21, 2013 - 2:23am

For this week’s campus celebrity issue, we met up with English Literature student Jessica Fey. Jessica is on her last year at Western and will be going to law school next year at the University of Toronto. AT Western, she has been involved with WIN (the Women’s Issues Network), V-Day at Western and the Sexual Assault Centre London. READ MORE

Samantha Clarke

By Alexie Evans
April 1, 2013 - 6:33pm

Looking for something to do this upcoming Wednesday, April 3rd? Well Mustangs, search no further! Brought to you by our very own Samantha Clarke, the Med-Syd Formal Lounge will be transformed into the best Australian-themed party in London: Western U Down Under! Fourth year kinesiology student Samantha Clarke is currently a finalist in a contest that Campus Perks and Tourism Australia are holding to win the opportunity to be a Travel Blogger on a 17-day trip to Australia. In order to win this title, Samantha is bringing “The Best Jobs in the World” Campaign to Western University. There are six fantastic jobs offered in the campaign, including: READ MORE

Steph Connor

By Rida Ahmed
March 24, 2013 - 8:15pm

Meet Stephanie Connor, a fourth year Western student and Senator at Large.  1.Tell us a little bit about yourself
My name is Stephanie Connor, but I prefer going by “Steph Connor”. I am from Barrie, Ontario and I am currently a fourth-year student at Western completing a double major in Political Science and Philosophy. I am a HUGE foodie, crazy about social media, and I love nature & the great outdoors (preferably when it’s warm outside). I have a holistic view of health and nutrition, and believe in natural remedies ONLY. READ MORE

Nicole McFadden

By Alexie Evans
March 7, 2013 - 2:46am

Well Mustangs, it’s happening again. One of our own, Nicole McFadden, is following in the footsteps of Western alumni Liz Trinnear and is vying to be the next MuchMusic VJ. Nicole is from the tiny little town of St. Joachim Ontario. At 22 years old, Nicole is in her fourth year at Western in a collaborative program with Fanshawe College where she takes both MIT classes at Western, and practical classes at Fanshawe where her class runs the radio station 106.9 The X. READ MORE

USC 2013 Elections: Team Whelan

By Rida Ahmed
February 11, 2013 - 4:00am

Patrick Whelan READ MORE

Your HC Writers - Part 2!

By Rida Ahmed
December 9, 2012 - 11:42pm

Susan Dang READ MORE

Your HC Writers!

By Rida Ahmed
December 2, 2012 - 8:14pm

Kaitlyn Sykes Kaitlyn Sykes is a 20-year-old third-year English Literature student minoring in Medieval Studies. She is currently studying abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France, studying English literature and France language and soaking up the culture. Her hobbies include reading, writing, sailing, travelling, running, skiing, and playing the piano and flute. She is a hockey fanatic and loves her hometown OHL team, the Belleville Bulls (no matter if they’re winners or losers), and the Chicago Blackhawks. She hopes to get a Masters degree in English literature and one day work in publishing. READ MORE

Sarah Kimber

By Alexie Evans
November 15, 2012 - 1:47am

Who knew Western University was home to its very own Taylor Swift? Sarah Kimber, a second year criminology student, is also an aspiring country-pop singer from Aurora Ontario. She is currently competing to win a 20-minute opening set for Tyler Ward, a YouTube sensation who is known for his flawless covers of popular songs.  READ MORE