This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Kirsten in a second year Actuarial Science student, from King City, Ontario, who is a pro at juggling her hectic academic life with her new position as a member of the UWO Rowing team.  Even though she wakes up at 4:30 am daily, Kirsten constantly has a positive, energetic attitude.  Read more about her!

How did you first get into rowing?Team Canada’s famous coxswain came up to me after working out in the western gym one day and told me I had a perfect body to row. She told me to go to this row to podium program, in which I had the ideal height and wingspan, but I was not in shape because of first year (oops!) So I started working out and did a ‘learn to row program’ in the summer.  From that I decided to tryout for the western novice rowing team first, before trying the ‘row to podium ‘ tryout and here I am!

What is the accomplishment that you are the most proud of, to date, in your rowing career? Making the western novice rowing team.

What is your biggest pet peeve in the Western gym?When girls go in with their hair and makeup done and sit on the machine you want to use and just text and look pretty.

What is the best advice that you can give aspiring athletes for juggling a hectic sports and school schedule?Drink a lot of coffee, and if your waking up at 4:30am, don’t go to bed past 9:00pm so you can study during the day instead of sleep. 

How do you deal with waking up so early every morning to train? I usually put my alarm at the other end of the room so I have to get up to turn it off. 

What is the best technique you use to motivate yourself to train/ work out? I think about trying to make better teams in the future, and get a better time on the next ‘erg’ test, and hopefully help win our next race. 

SPEED ROUND! 

Favourite piece of workout clothing? My lucky hockey shirt!  

Favourite type of junk food?Trail mix with m&ms in it! 

Guilty pleasure on Netflix?Grey’s Anatomy  

Spirit animal?Giraffe 

Best bar in London? Jacks -Dollar beers 

Favourite study spot on campus? Centre spot… so I can eat! 

How would you feel about being one of the athletes on the Western buses? It would be pretty awesome! (so listen up Western!)

Amanda is a National Intern, Style and Beauty Blogger and a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus. She is doing a double major in criminology and sociology at Western University. She is a proud member of Alpha Gamma Delta - Zeta Chi chapter, and makes 99% of her decisions based off of WWEWD (what would Elle Woods Do?). Follow her on instagram @amanda_h_jones, and listen to her talk about makeup *a bit* more than usual at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-7cOzh_oI&t=237s
Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.