Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Western Ontario Archives

Autumn at UWO

By Alexie Evans
October 31, 2014 - 12:57pm

Photo by Ava H Photo by Ava H READ MORE

Tara Chen

By Alexie Evans
October 31, 2014 - 12:25pm

This week’s campus celebrity is Tara Chen, a fourth year Health Science student who is the President of the Health Studies Student’s Association. Tara made the decision to move from Cambridge, Ontario and attend Western not only because of the interdisciplinary Health program and beautiful campus, but also the welcoming atmosphere she felt at Western. “I remember when I helped my older brother move into Med-Syd Hall when he was in first year, the sophs mistook me for a first year. They were so enthusiastic, engaging and friendly.” READ MORE

Cassie Branco

By Alexie Evans
October 30, 2014 - 6:57pm

Our campus cutie this week, Cassie Branco may be pint-sized, but this fire cracker will show you a good time once she's out of her shell! Besides being a fashonista, Cassie is also a dedicated student... and yes, she's single. Program and Year: 2nd year Major in Psychology and Minor in Sociology Hometown: London, Ontario Relationship status: Single :) READ MORE

Tales from Richmond Row: London Nightlife

By Steph Tzogas
October 28, 2014 - 11:56pm

Alright, I’ll admit it, I’m a people watcher.  There, I said it.  Now I’m aware that people watching is not a big deal, everyone does it, however, I’m of the opinion that most people don’t people watch or categorize their interactions at bars like I do. See, I’m fairly new to the London nightlife even though I’m in my fourth year at Western and my third year living downtown, so I find people watching at bars and clubs fascinating.   READ MORE

UCC Haunted House

By Alexie Evans
October 28, 2014 - 1:39pm

Have a break between classes this week and $3 to spare? Come check out the UCC Haunted House in the Mustang Lounge!  The haunted house will run from 1:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M. as well as 6:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M. All proceeds will go to Childreach! READ MORE

Not That Kind of Girl: A Lena Dunham Encounter

By Brooke Horrobin
October 27, 2014 - 6:20pm

The 23rd day of October, 2014 was no day like any other.  I woke up realizing it would be the day that I would get to cross something off of the top of my bucket list.  I was about to meet my favourite celebrity and writer: Lena Dunham.  She was coming to the Toronto Public Library to talk about her recently published book Not That Kind of Girl.  I had been awaiting this for the past four years of my life. READ MORE

Kelsey Potts

By Alexie Evans
October 25, 2014 - 8:31pm

This week’s campus celebrity Kelsey Potts was born and raised here in London, Ontario.  Kelsey is a fourth year double majoring in sociology and English. To say Kelsey is an animal lover is an understatement. As a full time student, Kelsey also has to take a lot of time out of her days to take care of her two young dogs, Charlie and Lily. READ MORE

Harris Park

By Alexie Evans
October 25, 2014 - 1:22pm

Photo by Alexie Evans Photo by Alexie Evans Photo by Alexie Evans READ MORE

Lierka Vandepoele

By Alexie Evans
October 24, 2014 - 1:18pm

Meet this week's campus cutie, Lierka Vandepoele. Lierka is busy with being both a full-time student and a part-timer in retail, but that doesn't stop her from having a good time partying and socializing with her friends! Hometown: Delhi, Ontario. Program/Year: 2nd year Honour Specialization in Psychology.

Relationship Status: In a relationship. READ MORE

What Movies Taught Me About University

By Alexie Evans
October 24, 2014 - 12:29pm

READ MORE