Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Western Ontario Archives

The Western Student 10 Commandments

By Bethany Dietz
October 20, 2014 - 9:39pm

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before coffee.
  2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or anything any likeness of Queen’s.
  READ MORE

Tony Lee X-Rated Hypnotist

By Alexie Evans
October 20, 2014 - 6:13pm

For only $10, you can enjoy a hilarious night of watching Tony Lee 'the X-rated hypnotist' hypnotize your fellow students.. or maybe even get hypnotized yourself.   Tickets can be purchased online or at Western Connections in the UCC basement.  For only $13, you can buy a combo ticket for both the Tony Lee show and the Wayne Hoffman: Mentalist and Illusionist show on October 27th! READ MORE

Fall Colours on Campus

By Alexie Evans
October 17, 2014 - 9:55pm

University College looking gorgeous as ever
Photo by Steph Kesler Middesex College
Photo by Alanna Evans King's Campus
Photo by Alanna Evans READ MORE

Taylor Ward

By Alexie Evans
October 17, 2014 - 7:30pm

This week we caught up with fourth year BMOS and Honors Specialization in Accounting Taylor Ward. Even though she’s from small town called Almonte near Ottawa, Ontario, this determined senior definitely has big city dreams. Taylor leads a busy life with her involvement in student clubs, a job with the Mustangs, as well as a jam-packed social life.    What made you decide to come to Western? "Western’s student experience!" READ MORE

From Selfies to Six-Packs: When and Why Did Bodybuilding Become the New Insta-Craze?

By Stephanie Kesler
October 16, 2014 - 8:10pm

Can we all agree it’s hard not to notice the recent transition from selfies and OOTD instagram posts to muscle gain and meal-prep posts? Now, we all know guys have been worrying about their six-packs for ages, but when did it become popular for girls to do it too? When did duck-face pics get replaced with “back lat spread” pics?  READ MORE

Alexx Friesen

By Bethany Dietz
October 15, 2014 - 9:43pm

Year/Program: 4th year Psych Major Hometown: Leamington, ON - aka the Tomato Capital of Canada (nbd or anything) Interesting fact: I don't know how to burp...I only ever have a handful of times in my whole life.
Favourite Activities: Dancing and working out Relationship Status: In a relationship READ MORE

Her Campus Back-To-School Survival Kits

By Alexie Evans
October 15, 2014 - 6:45pm

Our friends at Her Campus know how difficult it is to get back into the swing of things after summer break. That's why they sent us an awesome Back-to-School Survival Kit to help us get through this transition! Our 2014 Back-to-School Surival Kits are filled with awesome goodies from tea, coupons, and skin care samples! Some of the awesome treats included are: READ MORE

Western Votes

By Alexie Evans
October 15, 2014 - 11:43am

The Western Votes campaign will inform students on the upcoming London municipal and encourage students to participate in the vote. The USC encourages you to GOTV (Get Out The Vote) and make a difference in your university community. The campaign will run from October 15th - October 27th. Wednesday, October 15th 6:30 P.M. : Mayoral Debate in the Mustang Lounge
- Free food
- Ward 6 Candidate Meet & Greet
- Mayoral Candidate Meet & Greet
- Mayoral Debate: Matt Brown, Roger Caranci, Paul Cheng, Joe Swan Thursday, October 16th: Advanced Poll in the Mustang Lounge Saturday, October 18th:Advanced Poll at Masonville READ MORE

Health Tips for a Busy School-goer

By Brooke Horrobin
October 14, 2014 - 9:38pm

Once you get back into the swing of things with classes, assignments, and social activities, it can be very easy to fall off track with positive health habits.  Even eating healthy can become a bother with all of the temptation of on-campus eateries, restaurants on Richmond row, or going out for drinks on a patio with friends.  If you follow these simple steps, however, you will be on your way to a healthier body, mind and soul.   Bring a lunch to campus   READ MORE

Western Wildlife

By anonymous
October 11, 2014 - 8:11pm

Photo by Bethany Dietz Photo by Bethany Dietz Photo by Bethany Dietz READ MORE