Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Western Ontario Archives

The Five Most Popular Looks of Western Homecoming

By Stephanie Kesler
September 17, 2014 - 10:39pm

UWO’s favourite time of the year is fast approaching. If you’re a typical Western girl, you know that there are many preparations to be made before the dawn of September 20th, 2014. Firstly, do you have you favourite booze and Jell-O shot ingredients? Do you have your Facebook event and invite list of all the people who will be visiting and sleeping on your couch? Have you bought your pancake mix to start the morning off right? Are you stocked with an abundant supply of purple glitter? If you said yes to all of the above then you are well on your way to having a successful UWO Homecoming. But wait! You are forgetting the most crucial part of homecoming preparations: WHAT TO WEAR!  ...

Western Homecoming 2014

By Alexie Evans
September 17, 2014 - 6:55pm

At Western, Homecoming isn't a one-option event. It's an action-packed weekend with something for everyone! Saturday, September 20th, 9:00AM - 5:00PM: Homecoming Celebration ft. Gord Bamford at Concrete Beach FREE entry to see performance by Canadian Country Music Singer Gord Bamford FREE Pancake Breakfast All-Ages Event Licensed Beer Garden FREE face-painting Gourmet food Prizes and giveaways More info on the Facebook event page Saturday, September 20th, 11:00AM - 2:00PM: Mustang Cookout by South Valley parking lots READ MORE

Beautiful WesternU

By Bethany Dietz, Alexie Evans
September 17, 2014 - 6:03pm

There's nothing better than a sunset on UC Hill.
Photo by Bethany Dietz Visiting an affiliate college is worth it for this view.
Photo by Bethany Dietz READ MORE

Mannat Sharma

By Brooke Horrobin
September 16, 2014 - 4:41pm

This week’s campus celebrity issue features a very bright and involved young woman, Honours Specialization in Health Science student Mannat Sharma.  Mannat is in her fourth year and will be traveling to Washington D.C. in the U.S. for her last semester as an undergraduate student through the Fulbright-Killam Fellowship program. This is a very prestigious program in which fewer than 20 students in Canada are chosen each year. Mannat will be representing Western University at American University in D.C. beginning in January.  This program, which is supported by Foreign Affairs, International Trade Canada, and the American Killam Trusts, is an important part of the foundation’s strategy to create mutual understanding between Canada and the U.S.  ...

Volunteer Fair 2014

By Alexie Evans
September 16, 2014 - 3:59pm

This upcoming Wednesday, September 17th and Thursday September 18th from 9:00AM - 3:00PM, the University Students’ Council and The Student Success Centre will present Volunteer Fair 2014.

Volunteer organizations will be in the University Community Centre Atrium to inform students at UWO about volunteer opportunities that are available to university students in London. Organizations involved in the Volunteer Fair include: READ MORE

Kelly Fortune

By Stephanie Kesler
September 15, 2014 - 6:32pm

Year/Program: 4th year, Honors Specialization in English Language and Literature   Favourite Food: Ice cream sandwiches   Favourite Movie: Goodfellas   Favourite Artist: He is We   Favourite Holiday: Christmas, of course    READ MORE

First Year Bucket List

By Natalie Christina
September 10, 2014 - 2:05pm

Need I say more - if first year at UWO is done properly these items will be completed almost naturally.  When you finish this bucket list, consider yourself among the truest and purplest of Mustang freshmen. 1. Join a club. READ MORE

Roommate Agreement

By Steph Tzogas
September 9, 2014 - 6:26pm

It’s that time of year again, where cars get filled to the brim and garbage bags become your best packing buddy. You might be living with people you’ve known or lived with before, or maybe this will be your first time living with these people. Regardless of who you’re living with and how long you’ve known them, you should think about creating a roommate agreement. Would you have moved into a place that asked you to just trust your landlord’s ‘word’ instead of having a written and signed lease? Probably not. So try approaching a roommate agreement like you would a lease because there are certain things that need to be discussed, agreed upon, and deemed non-negotiable, whether you’re living with friends or people you’ve just met....

Chia Seeds: The Power Food

By Alexie Evans
February 6, 2014 - 10:59pm

If you’re like me, you’re used to seeing daily uploads on Instagram of “#cleaneats” meals. One thing a lot of these food-grams have in common is the inclusion of chia seeds - and there’s a reason why. Actually, there are plenty of reasons! These gluten-free seeds are a power food packed with benefits that can easily be added to any meal, from smoothies to salads. Here’s a list of some (but definitely not all!) benefits of adding chia to your diet. 1.  Feel Full Faster READ MORE

Student Life

By Rachael Jacobs
February 6, 2014 - 10:49pm

READ MORE