The 5 Best Ways To Boost Your Confidence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

We can all get down on ourselves. Even the most confident person in the world can have a day when they’re ready to throw in the towel. Here are five tips to build up your confidence when things aren’t going your way:

1. Dress to Impress… Yourself!

Seriously, putting on an outfit that you feel great in is one of the easiest ways to boost your confidence. As a bonus, you’ll be feeling fabulous all day.

2. Exercise

This may seem crazy, especially to those of us that would rather write an exam than hit the gym, but exercise can leave you feeling seriously good. Plus it’s good for you anyway!

3. Treat Yo Self

There’s never a bad time to buy a new outfit that makes you feel amazing, or to splurge on that movie you wanted to see. Doing things that make you happy will rub off on you, leaving you feeling great about yourself.

4. Have a Girls (Friends) Night

Sometimes all you need is your girls (or guys). A friends night can leave you feeling great and reminding you of all the wonderful people you have in your life. Not to mention complimenting a friend makes you and the friend feel great, and can lead to a tidal wave of you all fawning over each other.

5. Listen to Your Favourite Playlist

Sometimes all you need to feel great and confident is a power playlist. Seriously, the right song can do wonders and leave you feeling ready to take on the world. I recommend some Spice Girls, because girl power!

If you’re feeling down on yourself try out some of these tips and you’ll be ready to run the world in no time. And remember, you’re amazing.  

Hello! I graduated from my masters in journalism in 2018 and have carried my passion for writing.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.