This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Most of us university students who watch “How I Met Your Mother” can definitely relate to several aspects of the show, but Ted Mosby completely encapsulates what we feel as students almost everyday, and here are a few reasons why:

1. When you feel like you can do anything when your roommates aren’t home

2. Dealing with things in a childish way, then being thankful when your friends stop you

3. When you’re desperate for money (and probably drunk) and think any business idea is a good idea

4. Lying to yourself about missing your ex

5. You’ve both been through a “hipster” phase

6. Giving up on love and turning to food

7. Constantly wallowing in self–pity

8. You both own a piece of clothing you love, but is hideous

9. Thinking something is wrong with you because nothing seems to be working in your favour

10. When you watch a video your vegan friend posted on Facebook about struggling animals, and you become determined to save every animal

11. Thinking something is a good idea, when it really isn’t

12. Unable to let go of your time travelling abroad

13. Pretending to be in a relationship with your best friend

14. You both have that one crazy ex

15. Thinking any guy who ever talks to you is “The One”

16. When you see a hot person in public and you want your friend to look too

17. Second guessing how to spell the easiest words

18. When the dating game isn’t going so well and you start looking for any similarities between you and the person across the bar so you can strike up a conversation

19. His “post-shot face” matches yours

20. Constantly relying on your friends, even though you know they have better things to do (remembering only to go to them if it’s an 8 or higher)

21. You’ve both eaten a tub of ice cream when you’ve had a bad day

22. You’re at the point when you think you’re not going to find love, so you and your friend do something completely irrational

23. You’re there for your friends regardless of your feelings

24. You’ve both sent one too many drunk texts

25. Your feelings towards becoming a real adult

Fourth year English student at Western University who's just trying to find her way in this crazy world
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.