The 10 Types of People You Find At Weldon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Exam season is the busiest time of year: you’re catching up on readings, compiling notes from the whole semester, and of course you’re going to the library a lot. Throughout the year, the library (specifically Weldon) is a good place to go in between classes to study. There’s space and it’s pretty quiet. However, when exam season falls upon us, Weldon is suddenly packed with people.

I go to Weldon pretty often and I’ve come to realize there are always various kinds of people inhabiting the library. Here are 10 types of people you will probably find at Weldon during exam season.

The one with a five course meal on the fifth floor

Listen, I get it. Maybe you’ve been studying non-stop for five hours and realized you are starving. We all have to eat. But just a helpful tip: if you’re going to bring a five-course meal to the fifth floor, try to stay away from crunchy wrappers and chips. It’s just a bit distracting.

The one who sits on the fourth floor but should be on the second

We all have to take breaks from time to time. I like to go talk to people to get away from my work for a bit. But if you’re on the fourth floor, the idea is that you’re mostly studying and talking a bit, not the other way around.

The one who takes the elevator to the second floor

We’ve all been here and done this. I know I’m guilty of it. Maybe you have your hands full, or maybe you’re just so tired from studying that you can’t bring yourself to walk up those stairs. Especially since we all know there’s more than one flight of stairs (damn you extra Mezzanine floor).

The one who saves tables during exam season with a piece of paper

C’mon people, let’s be a little more courteous during exam season.

The one who falls asleep in their cubicle

I am also guilty of this. I feel you people. We wake up early to study all day so sometimes a nap is more helpful than an extra large black coffee.

The one with the super long laptop charger

Keeping your battery charged is one of the most essential things at the library. Sometimes there’s no outlet anywhere near you so you have to travel across the room to plug your charger in somewhere. In that case everyone, please watch your step.

The one who lives by the printer

#SavetheAmazon

The one who basically lives at Weldon

Here is the person you’ll still see sitting at their cubicle at 2 a.m. They have their pajamas and toothbrush, and maybe even a pillow. Chances are they’ll be in the exact same place at 8 a.m. God bless them and Weldon’s 24/7 hours.

The one who travels with the whole squad

Sorry, but it’s nearly impossible to fit 11 people in the same area. Sometimes you have to split up my friends. Unless you make it to Weldon before eight o’clock in the morning.

The one who always goes on coffee runs

Here is the person who leaves with a debit card and comes back 20 minutes later with a 40 pack of Timbits and eight coffees for his or her friends. Should’ve given them your order too.

This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.