This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

It’s so hard to explain the magic of Odd/Even or Even/Odd to someone who doesn’t go to Wells; it’s just one of those things you have to experience. But in simple terms, Odd/Even is a sisterhood centered around a friendly rivalry between the Oddline (those whose entry year is an odd-numbered year), decked in purple and gold, and the Evenline (those who enter in an even-numbered year), whose colors are blue and green. In the fall, the women’s teams have a basketball game and a sing-off, and in the spring the men’s teams have a dodgeball game and a dance-off.

But it’s not about the basketball game or the sing off. It’s not about the dodgeball game or the dance-off. It’s about finding yourself. You’re not just an odd for one weekend; when you’re an odd, you’re an odd for life. When I went beyond my comfort zone and tried out to take part of this tradition at Wells, I didn’t know it would change my life.

Just like anyone going to college, I was facing a major identity crisis. I didn’t really know where my place was, but I found it within the oddline team. I’ve never felt a bond stronger than the one I had with my teammates. It feels so good to be part of something and to really be a part of it.We experience everything together. We’ve seen each other at our best and at our worst. We’ve laughed together. We’ve cried together. We’ve grown together. We became Odds together. Oddline. It gave me a sense of pride that I’ve never really felt before. It showed me what love really is.

My coaches and “song mamas” are my guides through Oddline season but also through my life. I want to thank Mackenzie, Destiny, Gail, Mumu, and Aaliyah, you all really mean a lot to me, and I couldn’t be more grateful.

Just a shout out to my best friends that I’ve met through Oddline, (Mackenzie and Mumu, that’s you). While I love all of my Odds, these girls have really shown me what friendship is. Thank you for knowing how to love me not only at my best times but also at my worst. They have shown me unconditional love, which is something I haven’t experienced much before Oddline.

Before I didn’t really know who or what I was, but now I know that I’m an Odd. I’m not an Odd just for a weekend. I’m not an Odd just for my four years at Wells, but I’m an Odd forever. As they say, Oddline until I flat line.

So catch me in that purple and gold, this weekend, and always.

Kaylen, a Campus Correspondent for HC at Wells, is a senior at Wells College studying Women's and Gender Studies and Psychology.  "Like Ivy, we grew where there was room for us"-Miranda July
Wells Womxn