This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

We are in the final stretch! Two weeks until classes are over and three weeks until we can forget about school work for a little while. Although most of us would rather be back at home, hanging out with friends and family, working, getting lit, literally anything else but school work, we’re here studying (and procrastinating) instead. We are at that point in the semester where it’s challenging to find the motivation to finish the academic year off strong. I see myself trying to write papers and complete assignments, but moments later I’m scrolling on my Instagram explore page. I get distracted by nothing. Literally, nothing. I stare at the walls around me and when I realize it, two hours have passed by. This is obviously a problem, but on the flip side, I know that I am not alone.  I can tell that everyone around me feels the same. The Wells Plague is in full effect, there is nothing fun left to do on campus for the semester, and there are a million and one deadlines, yet we can’t concentrate, we’re burnt out and dying for summer to be here already.

Not only is it already difficult to find motivation for school work and our other obligations but a lot of us are anticipating summer internships, trips, and work that we will be doing over the summer.  I have seen so many people on campus with dull faces, and I know that we are all itching for the end of the semester. I have also seen some people I care about going through a tough time getting through all these obligations and responsibilities. When you’re feeling unmotivated, please remember that it’s normal and almost every student is feeling exactly the same (and if they say otherwise, they’re definitely lying). And even though it’s difficult at this time in the year, it’s essential to continue working hard on our academics, clubs and all extracurriculars because it’ll pay off in the long run. Remind yourself of all the reasons you are here and where you want to be.

Don’t lose your spirit. The overall goal is to keep our optimism alive. It’s critical that we guard ourselves against the end-of-semester burnout and not only keep our grades in check, but also our relationships and our mental and physical health in check as well. Doing well academically comes from doing well emotionally too. Remember to take time for yourself as school days dwindle. Below are a few tips to prepare yourself for the next two weeks of hell. Hell can be fun too. Right?

1. Find out when your exams are and make a study schedule – Make sure you know when your exams and papers are due so that you can plan accordingly. Prioritize what needs to get done first so you won’t have a hard time completing everything.

2. Check your current academic standing in your classes and get help if needed – Go to office hours or find a friend to help you. It is never too late to bring up your grades, even if it is a small change, it can amount to a big one.

3. Make a study playlist for finals week! – Having the perfect study soundtrack is essential. Even if you cannot focus while listening to music, make a playlist for when you take your well-deserved study breaks. A good bop helps keep things light even when they feel extremely heavy.

4. Lastly, plan a fun weekend – Make plans on what you’re going to do after all the chaos of finals are over with. Plan some ways to unwind before crunch time comes around and it will give you something exciting to look forward to.

Good luck with finals my beautiful people and keep your heads up!

Jahaira is a double major in Psychology and Women's and Gender Studies and a campus correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Wells College. 
Wells Womxn