This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Some of us do not even realize how stressed out our bodies become while we are focussed (or trying to be focussed) on our upcoming finals and exams. Sometimes all it takes to calm yourself down is a cup of beautiful magic: steeped tea. Here are my top five favourite teas from David’s Tea that have helped me survive through four years of University exam season:

1. Forever Nuts

This creation is my all-time favourite. It steeps to a gorgeous pink colour, and smells like autumn. It’s a herbal tea, so you can sip a glass right before bed. The cinnamon, almond, and apple tastes are the most prominent, and it’s not overly sweet. Forever Nuts has ironically saved me from becoming forever nuts from studying and procrastination stress! Cinnamon, as it turns out, has a long list of health benefits. To name a few, this simple spice protects brain function and is a natural antioxidant. Drinking tea can help you focus on that exam, as well as stay healthy after those late night study sessions. Also, if you’re like me and have a completely scrambled brain, cinnamon and apple help freshen your breath, so if you forget to brush your teeth as you sprint to PAC at 9:00AM, you’re covered.

2. Cardamom French Toast

It’s as amazing as it sounds. This tea will be that sweet brunch you didn’t have time for, right in your cup. Yeah, it isn’t actually french toast, but it’s pretty darn close. It’s a black tea, so if you’re looking for something to substitute your twentieth cup of coffee while you cram for your finals, have this bad boy in the day to keep you calm and collected. I’m not a huge fan of super sweet things, so this cup is perfect. With hints of brown sugar, the subtle Indian Cardamom spice makes for a delicious sip.

3. Carrot Cupcake

Get pumped for this one. I just picked up this Rooibos tea recently, and I was not disappointed. Don’t be deceived, coming from someone who is not a fan of carrot cake, this tea tastes instead like cinnamon, cocoa, apples, and cream – and I was instantly in love. It’s caffeine free, so again, if you just need some comfort but have an early morning, let this little cupcake send you off to sleep right. You need less than a spoonful to make a strong tasting cup, so a small package will last you through the entire exam season.

4. Organic Cinnamon Rooibos Chai

I am biased towards cinnamon being the best spice out there. Did I mention it helps you focus? What more could you want when you are trying not to binge-watch The Office for the fortieth time and actually study? This is another caffeine-free one, so you can down five cups without worrying about your sleep schedule. It only contains rooibos, cinnamon, and apple, so what ingredients are going into your body is one less concern for you.

5. Cream of Earl Grey

Earl comes to the rescue. If you are like me, you need some form of caffeine to keep your eyes open; especially when you are on the third hour of reviewing the same set of lecture notes. This black tea has a distinct taste of cream, while still offering that sharp taste of a normal Early Grey. Unless you like your tea strong, keep the amount you steep on the lighter side for this one. A cute fact on this baby is that it contains marigolds, so if you are as excited for spring as I am, you can feel the season by dreaming of flowers while hunkered down in the library.  

Stephanie is a University of Waterloo alumni. In her spare time, she loves filming and creating YouTube videos. Check out her YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bizzarosmeszaros