photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Summer Drinks You Need to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Summer is right around the corner and that means sun, beaches, frisbee, and patio drinks. Below we’ve made a list of alcoholic and non-alcoholic summer beverages you need to try with your squad!

ALCOHOLIC:

1. Pink Lemonade Vodka Slush

Perfect for those that like the a sweet and sour drink. Add a cute straw and serve!

2. Pineapple Rum Punch

This drink is perfect for a day by the pool. It’s super easy and quick to make, and isn’t too sweet to make you feel sick.

3. Moscato Strawberry Lemonade

Lemonade is a summer staple so we had to include a wine version of the bevvy! This drink would look super cute on your insta profile.

4. White Peach Sangria

What’s a summer without sangria? This recipe is sweet, delicious and light.

5. Lemonade Prosecco Punch

Ok back at you with one more lemonade recipe! This is for all you champagne lovers. Bubbly, fresh, and tasty – perfect for a day at the cottage.

NON-ALCOHOLIC:

1. Watermelon Breeze

Mmm watermelon, the fruit of the summer. This bevvy will have everyone begging for more!

2. Very Berry Spritzer

This drink can be made in a matter of minutes. The carbonation makes it refreshing, and the berries make it sweet — a perfect mix.

3. Virgin Pina Colada

You can’t go wrong with this tropical treat. Plus, you can always add alcoholic if you see fit.

4. Shirley Temple

Had to throw this classic in. Does this drink remind anyone else of their childhood?

5. Peach Iced Tea

For those that don`t want to spend money on Pure Leaf or Golden Peak, making a homemade version is easy and just as tasty!

We hope you enjoy these recipes and have an amazing summer vacation!

I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!