An Open Letter to Her Campus Waterloo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Dear Her Campus Waterloo,

As my time as Campus Correspondent comes to an end and begin my transition out of the position, I wanted to take the time to say thank you. Thank you for the greatest year and a half of my university career. You’ve helped me grow in so many different ways as a person. From writing my first article to editing all of your articles to leading team meetings, I’ve learned how to be a better writer, communicator, and leader. 

You’ve also helped me learn how to be more confident and step outside of my comfort zone. Leading a team of 40+ editors and learning how to take something and run with it is something I would probably never learn in a classroom. 

And I can’t say thank you enough. In particular, I would like to say thank you to a few people. Thank you to all of our 40+ editors for your enthusiasm and excitement for the club. It’s because of your enthusiasm and excitement that makes being a campus correspondent worth it. Thank you to our executive team for helping to make the club to what it is today and for making my job 10x easier. Thank you to all of our readers and followers on social media for getting excited to read all of the amazing content that our editors write. And lastly, I would like to thank my co-campus correspondent, Savannah. Without you, this club wouldn’t be possible.

Finally, although, I will be transitioning out of the campus correspondent position, I would like to welcome the next campus correspondent, Stephanie Meszaros. I’m so excited to see what you have to the club and see the club grow in the next few terms.

Again, thank you and I wish you all the best in the future.

HCXO,

-Jenevieve

Campus Correspondent, Her Campus Waterloo 2016-2017  

University of Waterloo Honours French and Business 2019, Her Campus Waterloo Campus Correspondent, Social Media Guru, Tech enthusiast.  Fluent in emoji, HTML and CSS. Avid reader of Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Mashable & Tech Crunch. Follow on twitter @jena_tweets