Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Highlighters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Highlighters have been all the rage in the world of makeup for the past year. They’re the finishing touch to contouring. They add that one last sparkle to your face when you finishing up your makeup look. As long as you have an illuminated face, you’re with the trend. Of course, the perfect highlighter not only lets you glow, but it makes your highlight look POPPIN’. While us university gals would love ourselves a BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector or an Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit, we’re too broke to fork over $50 for that shimmer. In that case, I decided to compile a list of my favourite drugstore highlighters for those who still want their highlight on point.

1. Wet N Wild MegaGlow Highlighting Powder $5

Wet N Wild is well known for having some of the cheapest, but high quality highlighters in the drugstore world. Even beauty vloggers like Carli Bybel and Kathleen Lights have raved about the highlighters on their channels.

2. Wet N Wild Rainbow Highlighter $6

Another Wet N Wild highlighter, because Wet N Wild slays the highlighter game with their glow power. Their Rainbow Highlighter caught public attention for not only the quality of the glow, but also the unique design, since there are no other rainbow highlighters on the market.

3. Carli Bybel Eyeshadow and Highlighter Palette $14

Ever since makeup guru and beauty vlogger Carli Bybel released her eyeshadow and highlighter palette on BH Cosmetics, it has gotten outstanding reviews from the beauty community. On all channels that the palette has been advertised, the beauty community say that they are amazed at such high quality for such a low price.

4. BH Cosmetics Nude Rose Highlight $12.50

BH Cosmetics is an online brand known for their range of drugstore-priced products that have competed against department store makeup. One of their latest products, the Nude Rose highlight, features 4 different highlighters, which come off as four different beautiful glowing shades.

5. Elf baked highlighter $4

Elf is probably the beauty brand best known for being affordable but maintaining high quality products. Most of its products are under $6, for people who don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on makeup, they usually buy Elf. Elf’s baked highlighters have gone Pinterest famous for being close dupes with MAC highlighters. As well, they have dupes for other high end products.

6. Elf shimmering facial whip $1

These are nearly as famous as the baked highlighters. The shimmering facial whips are liquid editions of highlighters, but they are just as good as the baked versions. Both versions have great reviews, so you should try them out!

7. Physicians Formula Nude Wear $15

On the more expensive side of drugstore highlighters, there is the Physicians Formula highlighters. These are silky, pigmented and easy to use. If you’re willing to pay 10 extra bucks for better quality, buy these.

8. Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls $14

Beauty vlogger Nicole Concilio was raving about the Mineral Glow Pearls on her Snapchat when she did a one brand tutorial on Physicians Formula. I wish you could’ve seen the quality highlight those pearls gave her face. Damn.

9. NYX Born to Glow Illuminator $11

These are one of NYX’s best products known to the beauty community. They are dupes for NARS highlighters and they definitely give you that blinding highlight everyone’s trying to find these days. Slay that highlighter game with the Glow Illuminator.

10. Essence Pure Nude highlighter $4.50

Essence is a growing European brand with their super cheap prices, but excellent range of makeup products. They’re mostly known for their lipsticks, lip liners and eyeliners, but their Pure Nude Highlighter has been flying off the shelves lately. Essence has now joined the highlighter game and they’re rocking it.

So, what are some of your favourite drugstore highlighters? Comment below!

Picture Credits:

Cover Photo/Image 1, Image 2

Insert biography here.
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!