The 5 Daily Struggles of A Girl Who Wears Glasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

1. When you can’t find them!

This struggle is real! Every time you take off your glasses to change, wash your face or put on makeup but then can’t remember or see where you took them off. So you end up patting down every corner of your whole room searching for them.  

2. The Lash Clash!

Whether you wear falsies, curl them or you’re just blessed with long luscious eyelashes, every girl knows the cringey feeling of having their eyelashes touching their glasses.

3. Shaving… enough said!

Shaving becomes a hassle when you can’t see what you’re shaving! You literally have to feel your leg for prickly thorns, shave everything, and go over twice just to be sure you get every hair. But nope – that’d still be an ideal situation. Reality is getting out of the shower and to your horror, realizing you missed a patch. UGGHH!

4. Rain rain go away!

Rainy days are the worst for those with glasses. On rainy days you’re bound to get a couple of droplets onto your glasses, then you feel like a wet mess and can’t see anything clearly.

5.  Shady things!

To be honest, sunny days aren’t any better. While everyone’s rocking their fun sunglasses for the summer, whether they be aviators, cat eyed, heart shaped or round, you’re stuck donning your glasses. You can’t even stare at a cute guy without getting caught…BUMMER!!!

Despite the struggles we embrace our cute nerdy glasses with open eyes!

Hi! I'm a fourth year Public Health student at the University of Waterloo. Other than being a coffee addict, I’m an avid social media user and Turkish drama fanatic.
University of Waterloo Honours French and Business 2019, Her Campus Waterloo Campus Correspondent, Social Media Guru, Tech enthusiast.  Fluent in emoji, HTML and CSS. Avid reader of Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Mashable & Tech Crunch. Follow on twitter @jena_tweets