5 Braids You Can Wear Home for the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Braids are perfect for Autumn, they keep hair out of your face and look beautiful! Check out these easy styles to try over this holiday weekend.

1. Classic French Braid

Let’s begin with the classic French braid. With a little bit of practice, it’s easy to master. This is my personal favourite because it’s relatively easy to do and it looks great! You can make it tighter for a bit of a more professional appearance or have the looser, more relaxed look. Step by step can be found here.

#YouGotThis

2. Dutch Braid

This style is nearly identical to the French braid only ‘inside out’ – when doing a French braid you cross over but with the Dutch braid you cross under. Once you’ve mastered your French braid, try this new do for a change.

Pro Tip: After the braid is tied off, try gently pulling the sections for a fuller look. This is a great method for thinner hair.

3. Double Braid (“Boxer Braids”)

This particular style can be done using either French braids or Dutch braids. This hairdo takes a little more effort than the previous two but is definitely worth it!

4. Waterfall Braid

If I had thicker hair, I think this style would be my favourite. It turns out so beautifully if done right. It can be done with curled hair or with straight and is perfect for any night out (or night in).

5. Braid-Bun

I still haven’t quite figured out how to do this one but I love it. It’s perfect for the “not trying” look. It’s basically the modern mullet: business in the front, party in the back!

BONUS LOOK:

Want a more complicated, challenging look to check out? Try this look from Game of Thrones!

Picture Credits:

Dutch Braid, Boxer Braid, Waterfall Braid, Bun Braid

Aurora is a fourth year Honours Science student minoring in both Biology and Human Resources Managment. She is a self proclaimed Netflix enthusiast and is obsessed with her dog.
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!