etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Your “To Do” List before School’s Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

There are only a few short weeks until the end of spring quarter which makes it the perfect time to start a list of things to do as the school year comes to a close. I’m sure that your to do list is filled with tasks such as papers, tests and presentations but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun in between to help yourself relax a little!

1. Throw a party!

Whether its a study party in the Library or a late night party that gets a little crazy taking time to socialize rather than sitting at your desk reading is always a welcome distraction from the stress of finals.

2. Try to get outside and enjoy the sunshine

Read or study outside, walk somewhere instead of driving or taking the bus, or try canoeing at the Waterfront Activities Center! It’s $5-7 an hour per canoe depending on when you go. Just don’t forget your id!

3. Eat a homecooked meal

Or at least a cooked meal. When the pressure to study is on it can be tempting to reach for snacks instead of real food but wait! Cooking can relieve stress when you need a break and you will feel so much better than eating that third box of cheez-its.

4. Plan something fun for the last day of finals

On the day of my last final I always go for a hike with my friends because the fresh air is so rejuvenating after weeks of studying and staring at computer screens. If hiking isn’t you thing an ice cream cone is the perfect way to start summer. Just plan a little treat to congratulate yourself for another quarter well done.

5. Try not to get caught up in the stress of the moment

Don’t start imagining all the bad things that could happen if you fail your finals or papers. Even though it is difficult try to push those thoughts aside and focus on what you need to do in the moment. Stress is only useful in small amounts to help you stay motivated to work harder. Know your limits and take a break if you really need one to help clear your head so you can get back to studying.

6. Enjoy it!

We can all agree that finals make us miserable but someday you will probably look back and miss this time in your life. I know I did and it made me certain that going to graduate school was what I wanted to do. Take some time to remember all the great things about the past year or past few years in school. Thank all the people who made a difference this year and try to make these weeks fun despite the end of the quarter. Let’s go out with a bang Huskies!

Jordyn is a history major, nanny and creative writing enthusiast. She spends her free time frolicking through fields of daisies, consuming copious amounts of iced mochas and blogging for her personal blog The Fairy Princess Diaries.