A Crash Course Guide to Restaurants on ‘The Ave’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

At the UW, if you’re searching for an alternative to campus dining, try University Way, affectionately dubbed “The Ave”, which hosts dozens of fantastic restaurants and coffee shops to appeal to everyone’s tastes. Situated parallel to the University of Washington campus, you’ll be sure to find something to satisfy your palate when the campus dining halls just aren’t cutting it anymore.

Feeling Thai Food? Stop by the Thaiger Room for classics like Pad Thai, or mix it up and try their Chef’s Special Mongolian Beef. Be sure to check out another local favorite, Thai Thom. For Japanese, check out Samurai Noodle or Sushi Village for sashimi classics or your favorite Udon dishes. You’ll also find staple chains such as Jimmy Johns, Chipotle, Subway and Starbucks, among others.

via Pinterest

For an amazing Cuppa Joe, check out the Ugly Mug Café or Café Allegro. Both make great coffee, great food, and great study spots. Cafe on the Ave is a popular student hangout, and serves everything from pastas to brunch to red velvet cheesecake (pro tip: they deliver until 2am). Greek gyros and shawarma are favorite late-night spots on the Ave in addition to a couple of bars. For a more upscale dining experience, Cedars and Costas offer an array of Mediterranean and Italian fare. Additionally, you’ll find all-you-can eat Indian buffets, spots for a freshly grilled burger, and eclectic sitdowns such as the archaic-looking Flowers.

via Pinterest

Whatever your calculus, chemistry, or English-based stress has you craving, I guarantee the Ave has something to satisfy your taste buds. And with such a plethora of restaurants, you’ll certainly never find food on the Ave boring, even in Week 10 when campus food most definitely is.