This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

As UW students, we are very lucky to have the Ave or University Way with its large variety of cheap eats and interesting shops so close to campus. While the Ave does feature such obvious staples as Chipotle and Starbucks, it is important to realize that there is a variety of other eateries to try. Here is a list of five different places to try that are sure to satisfy not just your hunger but also your college student’s budget. Happy eating!  

1.     Noodle Nation- A recent find of mine Noodle Nation specializes in a large variety of noodle dishes from several different cultures including Taiwanese and Chinese among others. Their noodle soups come in many different flavors with the option to choose which type of noodle you want from a variety of options. Their prices are quite reasonable and the portions are large but be warned if you order food spicy, it will be spicy. If you have a cold or are looking for a great bowl of soup, try their take on chicken noodle and order it with egg noodles. Located at 4232 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105.

2.     Best of Bento- Teriyaki is perhaps one of the most common food staples of college students and Best of Bento is perhaps the best option on the Ave. This often-packed spot features a gigantic menu with dozens of different combo options. In addition to teriyaki, they also have Chinese main dishes as well as a large selection of sushi rolls. Their food is quite good and comes at a great price. If you go be sure to try the complementary barley tea, which is great on a cold day, and if you are craving sushi go during happy hour when all rolls are $2 off. Located at 4245 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105.

3.     Which Wich- While most students go to Subway to feed their sandwich cravings you would do better off venturing a little further up University Way to this smaller chain. At Which-Which you choose the toppings, bread and size of your sandwich. The cost is based on which size you choose (small, medium or large) and you can add as many toppings as you want for the same price (unless you want extra meat, egg or avocado). Their sandwiches can be served hot or cold and options range from traditional ham and cheese all the way to their occasional meatball sub special. The prices are reasonable and if you like egg salad, theirs will not disappoint. Located at 4730 University Way NE #102, Seattle, WA 98105

4.     E.J. Burger- While there are many different burger options to choose from near the UW my personal favorite is E.J Burger. This burger spot has been around for quite some time and features quick, cheap burgers in a variety of styles. I like the spicy burger topped with a chili sauce but my favorite part of this place are the fry options (there is nothing better than a good waffle fry). If you go try to and visit at an off-hour as E.J’s is pretty small and is often very crowded.  Located at 4510 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105.

5.     Bánh Mí Unwrapped- Many college students have yet to discover the joy of a good Bánh Mí which is a traditional French inspired Vietnamese sandwich featuring a fresh French baguette filled with a meat option, pickled veggies, jalapeño, cilantro and usually mayonnaise. Bánh Mí Unwrapped pretty much exclusively serves a variety of Bánh Mís including traditional ham and pâté, grilled pork, pulled chicken, tofu and even lemongrass fish. Their sandwich prices cannot be beat and their portions are hearty. If you are feeling extra hungry when you visit try an order of their spring rolls, which are fresh and delicious and an affordable side option. Located at 4725 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 9810

NOTE: The photo is not one of my own and all credit goes to the origional photographer which can be found at: https://sherrlock.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/gothic-2-trolley-now-web1.jpg.