Campus Cutie: Lauren Pecaro

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Campus Cutie: Lauren Pecaro

Age: 20

Major: Biology

Relationship Status: Taken

1. How do you feel about being the Campus Cutie?

I’m honored to be the campus cutie! I think it’s cool to be recognized as a cute person in the community.

1. Why did you choose the UW?

Oh that’s a tough one. Well my choices were UW, Gonzaga and Florida State and as much as I’d love to move back to Florida , I wanted to stay near my sister. I wanted to go to the best school I got into and I know I wanted to go to a school with a football team.

1. What are your plans after graduation?

If I get into veterinary school I will spend the next 4 years studying to receive my DVM, and if I don’t get in right away I will take a year off, do research or volunteer, then reapply. And get married, you know, all that good stuff.

1. Which celebrity do you most relate to?

Jennifer Aniston (she says with a laugh), I just like her the best. She’s just kind of quirky and awkward, and so am I . She’s definitely my role model as a celebrity because she presents herself well as a woman, and looks so good at age 45.

1. How has living in a sorority affected your college experience?

It’s allowed me to make a lot of friends that I wouldn’t have otherwise. It broke me out of my shell and forced me into social situations that I wouldn’t have been comfortable being in otherwise, something that I think is important to experience in college. It also led me to my boyfriend, Alex. The Greek system is the perfect place to meet a lot of people and possibly find the person you’re meant to be with.

1. What Disney princess would you be and why?

Little Mermaid- not even a question (she says without hesitation). I love the ocean and as a kid whenever my mom told me to get out of the pool, I wouldn’t. I’d get in trouble but wouldn’t care because I got to swim more. My family refers to me as a fish. I got my scuba certification because that’s the closest thing possible to being a mermaid so far.

1. How do you tell a guy you like him?

I’m trying to think of how I told Alex…well we just kind of just made out. The last formal time I told someone was in middle school and I had a succinct plan. I’d say want to watch a movie and if he said “yes”, then I would say “just us”? If he said yes, then I told him I liked him. I did this multiple times in middle school.

1. How hard was it moving from Florida to Washington

The hardest part was that I’d lived in my house for 13 years and had known all the same people since I was 2 years old. I had a lot of friends I was sad to leave. But Bellarmine was a very welcoming community and I instantly found a group of good guy friends. I joined the cheer team and made a lot of friends through that, also. And then of course I had my little sister.

1. What’s your perfect date?

It would be some sort of aquatic activity so, like a day at the beach in the sun or, going snorkeling with a BBQ on the beach. I just need good food and to be by the water, and the fishies.

1. What do you look for in a guy?

He’s got to be a family man. He must have a good relationship with both parents and his siblings because if he does, then I know he will have a good relationship with mine. He must have a good sense of humor, but bad enough to laugh at my jokes. And he has to be able to set aside his manliness and comfort me sometimes; to be able to put away his ego when all the guys are hanging out and put me first sometimes. Also, I’m a sucker for blue-eyed boys.