Campus Cutie: Alex Lee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Alex Lee

Age: 21

Year of Study: Junior

Subject: Informatics

College: UW

Relationship Status: Single

HC: How does you feel about being a Campus Cutie?

I don’t know, how should I feel about this? How do other people feel?

HC: They are flattered.

(He proceeds to stand on table)

Ok, I’m flattered.

HC: What’s a deal-breaker in dating someone?

What’s a deal breaker to you? I don’t have deal breakers. I guess if you’re boring or annoying I won’t like you anymore. For most people its cheating but I don’t know, sometimes stuff happens … Dude, I have no idea. If you’re mean to the people I’m close to or care about, then I’ll be like, “peace out!”

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

They should be interesting, and somehow stimulate my life — good-looking, in shape, trustworthy, exciting and positive.

HC: Do you consider yourself a frat star?

No, not at all. I don’t think anyone at this school is a real frat star-you have to do school man.

HC: Favorite T-Swift song?

The only ones I know are the Romeo and Juliet one and “22.” I like the Romeo and Juliet one.

HC: What’s your favorite kind of hang out?

Anything with sun and alcohol. Yea, that’s it.

HC: How do you woo a woman?

Woo a woman? Just like the way you talk to them, or you could just dance with them. I think making them laugh is the best way — make sure they are having fun. Making them laugh is a good sign.

HC: What is your perfect date?

Oh jeez a date … awww man, a date … when’s the last time I went on one of those? Does that happen in college? It’d be doing something really simple like getting dinner but comfortable and a lot of fun. Nothing extravagant.

HC: Favorite place in Seattle?

Here. I don’t know. Where else do I go in Seattle? Oh, Dim sum is good.

HC: Life ambition?

Life ambition? Like, what am I doing with my life? I either want to contribute good things to the world or make a whole lot of money.

HC: Maybe you could do both?

Like, progress the world further: anything that benefits humanity or helping people I care about. 

HC: Advice for a girl trying to woo a guy?

Yea, like, I don’t know — if you’re a girl, it’s a lot easier. As long as you aren’t shooting for the stars and you’re good at being a girl, you should be able to get most guys. I don’t know, just make the first move and if it sucks, sucks to suck.

HC: How do you show a girl a good time around UW?

Depends on who you are. Lets see, you get to know her, and see what she’s interested in then do what she likes to do. Have a nice walk through campus on a sunny day-its pretty.

HC: Whenever anything goes wrong during big parties and social events at your fraternity, people come to you to help, why do you think this is?

I was social chair, so I know what its like. I feel like people respect my opinion quite a bit. I care about it, I care if things go well, so it’s not work to put in the time for me. Experience makes it easier. I knew all the security guys, worked with them before, and once they trust and respect you, they listen to you.

HC: What do you do around UW on the days its actually sunny out?

I usually spend my whole day outside, playing music, any type of sport: basketball, football, soccer, frisbee, whatever. Just hang out, have a drink or two, sun bathing. 

Jordyn is a history major, nanny and creative writing enthusiast. She spends her free time frolicking through fields of daisies, consuming copious amounts of iced mochas and blogging for her personal blog The Fairy Princess Diaries.