Campus Cutie: Aaron Reyes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Aaron Reyes

Year: Junior

Age: 21 Years Old

Major: Informatics Major (Intended)

Relationship Status: Single

1) How do you feel about being called a Campus Cutie?

It’s flattering, but I’m not really sure if I’d agree with it.

2) What are some life goals you have, and what influenced them?

I’ve always just wanted to find a stable job with just enough income for me to live without having to worry about anything that might involve money. I wouldn’t want to become rich or anything like that. Making banks or getting papers would probably just get to my head and I’d rather live a happy life with the least influence from money possible.

3) What extracurricular activities/RSOs are you involved in at UW?

Nothing that I’ve committed to as of now, regrettably.

4) Describe your typical Friday night.

Either gaming, going on Tumblr, playing music, or the occasional turn-up. Either way, geek life is best life..

5) Ultimate celebrity crush?

Emma Watson, Zooey Deschanel, Jhene Aiko, anyone from Girl’s Day?.

6) Winter’s coming up! Would you prefer your hot cocoa with a candy cane and whipped cream, or a handful of marshmallows?

Hot cocoa? Where’s the hot chocolate?! Hot chocolate for days, yo..

7) If you could take a girl on a date outdoors, would you take her camping for a week or chill at the beach for one night?

I’d probably be more likely to go for the beach at night, but camping does sound pretty cool too. Nope, nope I’m going for the beach. Sand plus stars though.

8) What do you look for in a partner?

I’m actually not really sure of this myself, considering I’ve never had a girlfriend, but there definitely are things that I’ve grown to respect and appreciate from someone else. One of the most important things, to me at least, would be a no B.S. approach towards me. If you don’t like something I’m doing, or maybe you’re really just not in the mood for the date I’ve planned for weeks, you would tell me directly. No excuses. You shouldn’t ever have to worry about my feelings if you’re telling me the truth. If we’re serious, your feelings come before mine. Oh, that and an open mind. If you know me, you’d know I’m kind of a weird dude.

9) Since you aren’t too involved in RSOs, is there anything you love to do outside of campus?

Well, it’s not technically outside of campus, but if I’m not being completely unproductive like I mentioned before (on my Friday nights), I love playing music. Mostly guitar, but I’d also like to learn how to play the bass, drums, piano, saxophone, and more that I can’t think of right now. That said, I’ll tell you right now I’m a mediocre guitarist, but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy what I do know, right?

10) Someone you look up to and why?

I feel like this might be kind of weird, but I’ve never really had much of a person I look up to at all, but if I had to say, it would have to be my parents. School might have taught me a hell of a lot, but my parents taught me how to be a decent human being and there would be no way I would be where I am now without them.

Rhea Panela

Washington

I am a student at the University of Washington, Seattle, working towards a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English. My goal is to utilize my passion for reading, writing, and the media in a career in entertainment or broadcast journalism, or in book editing and publishing. I am a sister of alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Inc.