free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Conversations: Ashley Regudon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Ashley is a Freshman here at the UW. She’s from Mill Creek, Washington and hopes to major in Medical Anthropology. Her favorite movie is Peter Pan and she absolutely loves watching Game of Thrones.

What’s been your favorite class you’ve taken at UW so far?

I’m actually really enjoying taking Teaching as a Profession. It’s been really fun. It’s inquiry based, so it involves a lot of learning from each other. We talk a lot about our experiences related to teaching.

Who would you pick to play you in a movie about your life?

Maybe Selena Gomez. She’s cool, so hopefully she’d make me look cool.

What are you most looking forward to this summer?

I’m looking forward to going outside more! I want to go to the beach and explore Seattle more. Now that I have a better idea of the area, that sounds like a lot of fun.

What’s your dream job?

I want to be traveling language teacher. Like the Peace Corps, but paid. That’s the dream.

If you were a given a free vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

I’d go to Iceland! It looks so pretty, I just want to see it.

What’s your idea of a perfect Saturday?

Waking up early, going to the farmer’s market on the Ave, relaxing for the rest of the morning, and hanging out at night with friends. Oh and no homework!

What’s one piece of advice you would give to incoming freshmen?

Don’t be too hard on yourself when you make mistakes – they’re inevitable. Everything will turn out ok in the end.

San Francisco native studying at the Univerisity of Washington, Seattle. Kathryn's goal is to major in Psychology, but she hopes to take lots of history and english classes along the way. In her free time she loves reading, watching TV, and daydreaming about writing a book someday.