5 Ways to Relax this Winter Break

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

After the double struggle of dead week & finals week, all of us could use a little R & R. Spend quality time with friends and family, sleep in, eat way too many Christmas cookies, and try these five ways to relax (at least a little) this holiday break. 

1. Soothe Your Skin With term papers and massive finals looming, your skin care regime probably slipped just a little.These coconut gel masks contain vitamins B, C, and antioxidants to get your skin glowing despite the winter cold and wind. At a big urban school? Their acai mask purifies your pores and neutralizes the effects of pollution on your skin. Chapped and rough cheeks? The coconut mask relieves redness and and its Vitamin E has soothing properties. December can dry out your skin, so try the melon moisturizing mask with linoleic, oleic, and palmitic fatty acids. 

2. Glam Up When you’re focusing on your GPA, sometimes your #ootd and makeup game slip a little. (Okay, a lot.) ‘Tis the season for back to back Christmas and New Year’s parties, so seize the opportunity to look your best when reconnecting with new and old friends. Seattle hasn’t seen much sun for months now, but with Rimmel London‘s Natural Bronzer, your cheeks can look as glowy and golden as they did last Fourth of July. Scandaleyes Original Mascara & Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner will stay smudgefree whether you’re crying with laughter or tearing up watching It’s A Wonderful Life at the next squad movie night. And whether you’re under the mistletoe or next to a cute stranger on New Year’s Eve, the Provocalips 16-hr Lip Color is kissproof, transfer-proof, and trouble-proof so you’re ready for anything. 3. Take a Bath Free of deadlines and group projects, take the time to fill the tub and soak – without any roommates pounding on the bathroom door telling you to hurry up. Nothing feels as good as freshly shaven legs when you slide into bed, so use Pure Silk shaving cream to get your legs as smooth and soft as possible. Its luxurious lather protects against nicks and cuts and the Raspberry Mist scent is a nice way to switch it up from the 24/7 peppermint craze that accompanies this time of year.

(Enter here for a chance to win a Love Your Legs Getaway! You and a friend could win a trip to majestic Colorado to enjoy roundtrip airfare and accomodations, a day of relaxation at Life Spa, a night of music at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, entrance into the Gildan Espirit de She 5k/10k and a Pure Silk prize bag!)

4. Treat Yourself to Tea After enjoying the endless eggnog and cookies that are everywhere this time of year, refresh from heavy cream & carbs with a warm mug of Yogi Tea. Tea is a great way to stay hydrated, and Yogi has over 60 varieties to choose from. Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy and Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life are two flavors that are delicious and healthy. Best of all, each Yogi teabag tag has an inspiring quote on it – perfect for your next Instagram caption.   

5. Be a Bookworm Curl up with your cup of tea and a good book before you head back to school and start only reading textbooks again. Once you’re back on campus, Book of the Month Club is a great way to keep your bookworm tendencies alive! You might not have time to hunt down novels yourself after class, but BOTM makes it easy: every month they pore through hundreds of books, then share the ones truly worth reading with their members. Membership includes one book a month (your pick!) and you can add additional books for just $9.99 each. Use code HERCAMPUS30 for 30% off a 3-month membership – plus a free tote! This comes to less than $10.50 each month for a brand new hardcover book! Enroll at www.bookofthemonth.com/enroll

After ten weeks of the girlboss grind, you deserve to loosen up a little this winter break and take some time to pamper yourself. Whether that’s by having a girl’s spa night, mastering winged eyeliner, soaking with a Lush bath bomb, or curling up in bed with a good book and warm drink, make sure you return to campus relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to tackle another quarter at UW. 

Hannah is a senior studying marketing and English at the University of Washington and is the Editor of the UW Her Campus chapter. She was also a Summer 2017 editorial intern for Her Campus Media. When not editing, writing, or pitching articles, she's probably at brunch.
Student at the University of Washington majoring in Business Administration. Lover of TV shows, night owl, and self-professed professional online window shopper. I have a strong interest towards gender studies, entrepreneurship, technology, and pop-culture. Am currently involved with Startup UW, Operation Smile, and ASUW Women's Action Commission.