tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Other People in Your Life Who Deserve Their Own Holiday

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Mother’s Day has come and gone, and I hope you showered your mom with all the love and gratitude that she deserves. In the spirit of keeping the appreciation going, here’s a list of other people who also deserve to be celebrated.

That One Teacher

Sure, there’s already Teacher Appreciation Day, but there should definitely be a day when you get to celebrate that one teacher who really made an impact on your life. Everybody has one and if you haven’t, it just means you haven’t met them yet.

(Fenetre Education)

Roommates

No, you don’t love them all the time. But roommates play such a big role in your life and they deserve to be recognized. There should be a day to thank the people who made great roommates, forgive the ones who made mistakes, and share all the horror stories you’ve accumulated over your years of living with other people. Even without an official holiday, you should take the time to thank the roommates that were more like friends.

(Her Campus)

Cousins

Depending on how close you are to your cousins, they can be like siblings. They’re like friends that life just hands to you. Whether you’re close in age, or decades apart, cousins make family reunions a lot more fun. So thank and make time for your cousins, even if there’s not a day officially dedicated to them.

(Pinterest)

Celebrity Crushes

Ok, so maybe they’re not technically in your life. But let’s be real, how much of your time have you devoted to dreaming and telling your friends about your celebrity crush? Everyone has a few, so we might as well recognize them.

(Blastr)

Old Friends

It’s obvious that you should appreciate the friends currently around you. But what about those who you really haven’t talked to in a while? It can be fun to check in with people who once played such a big role in your life. There should be a holiday dedicated to sending out texts and FaceBook messages to the people you used to talk to all the time. 

(Tumbr)

At the end of the day, it can be really nice to celebrate anyone who has made your life more fun to live.

San Francisco native studying at the Univerisity of Washington, Seattle. Kathryn's goal is to major in Psychology, but she hopes to take lots of history and english classes along the way. In her free time she loves reading, watching TV, and daydreaming about writing a book someday.