5 Essentials You Need to Survive Fall Quarter

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Even if you spent the summer working or interning, heading back to college can still be a bit of an adjustment when fall arrives. When once the leaves have dropped, weather has turned, and midterms have begun, “the struggle is real” can become a daily occurence. These five essentials from our HerCampus survival kits will help you survive and thrive.

First things first, staying hydrated will help you last through long days or a late night study session. The Forge® Divide travelmug from CamelBak will keep your tea or coffee hot and let you sip one-handed as you rush up the Quad during passing periods. The leakproof lid means that you can toss it in your bag during class without worrying about soaking your stuff – letting you focus on the prof and his slides. Making your own drinks in a travelmug not only saves you money and time in the mornings (those overpriced Starbucks mochas come with long waits in line), but also helps the environment. #DitchDisposable and go green instead! The Forge® Divide is super easy to clean, so washing it out for the next day is a total breeze.

If you’re always running late in the morning (who isn’t?) and only have time for one beauty product, pick mascara. It has the biggest impact on your look, and the Rimmel London 24HR Supercurler Mascara will stay all day. Say goodbye to your eyelash curler, because this mascara is volume and curl in one.

At the end of the day, treat yourself and your skin with the multi-action Feeling Beautiful Apple Cider Vinegar 4-in-1 Foaming Clay. It wins the award for the best all-in-one: it cleans, scrubs, tones, and absorbs oil so even unruly skin behaves better than ever. Use it as a mask when needed or use it as a deep cleansing scrub & toner every day or when you need that extra glow.

Don’t let textbooks be the only thing you read this quarter! Lighten up with The Roommate Book, which offer a not-so-serious guide to living with a friend (or total stranger). Filled with nuggets of wisdom, comical pie charts, hypotheticals, and illustrations, Becky Simpson tackles communal living topics like “Should I eat this without asking?” “Creating Nicknames” “A Case for Blanket Forts.”

Adulthood is a Myth is the book for when adulting feels too hard. How are you supposed to cope with navigating the murky waters of dating + relationships, hair and makeup, jobs, friendship, body image, introversion, and laundry?  With Adulthood is a Myth for comic relief! Sarah’s frankness on personal issues like the frequency of bra-washing makes her comics highly relatable and deeply hilarious.

With these essentials in tow, you’ll be ready to face the quarter with style, humor, and just a little more bounce in your step. 

Hannah is a senior studying marketing and English at the University of Washington and is the Editor of the UW Her Campus chapter. She was also a Summer 2017 editorial intern for Her Campus Media. When not editing, writing, or pitching articles, she's probably at brunch.
Student at the University of Washington majoring in Business Administration. Lover of TV shows, night owl, and self-professed professional online window shopper. I have a strong interest towards gender studies, entrepreneurship, technology, and pop-culture. Am currently involved with Startup UW, Operation Smile, and ASUW Women's Action Commission.