12 Perfect Cookies For Your 12 Days of Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

For those of us who don’t usually bake that often, Christmas is the perfect time of the year when you should start busying yourself in the kitchen baking. First of all, they make your entire home smell like heaven. I mean literally, what’s better than walking in from the freezing weather outside to the scent of freshly baked cookies? Also, it is definitely the time of the year when I don’t feel guilty about “testing out” a few (or more like half a dozen…) before even moving them to the plates. So here you go, these are my top 12 cookie recipes that you absolutely need to try this Christmas!

1) Pink Peppermint Bark Macarons

These perfect pink macarons are what you need to kick off your holiday!

Recipe & Photo via How Sweet it is

2) Chocolate Espresso Snowballs

Seriously, what can go wrong with cocoa, coffee and pecans rolled together in these semisweet, sugar-dusted cookies?

Recipe & Photo via Food and Wine

3) Christmas Tree Cookies

Ready to roll up your sleeves and put those cookie decorating skills to test?

Recipe & Photo va Delicious

4) Gingersnap Cookies

A classy twist to gingersnaps, chewy is the way to go! Make a batch with your family or friends!

Recipe & Photo via Completely Delicious

5) Snowflake Sugar Cookies

These just look so perfect that I’m not sure if I will be able to eat them.

Recipe & Photo via Bakers Royal

6) Gingerbread Men

Christmas just can’t be completed without making a few of these guys.

Recipe & Photo via Sally’s Baking Addiction 

7) Triple Chocolate Devils Food Cookies

1/3 of my chocolate craving was already satisfied at the mentioning of these.

Recipe & Photo via i am baker

8) White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

Always a classic, here are your perfect white chocolate peppermint cookies for Christmas.

Recipe & Photo via Completely Delicious

9) Pecan Shortbread Cookies

Shortbread cookies are just so yummy! On the bonus side, these ones are extra crispy!

Recipe & Photo via Food and Wine

10) Peppermint Pattie Cookies

This is literally the season for peppermint, if you haven’t had enough, these are going on your baking list.

Recipe & Photo via how sweet it is

11) Chai Shortbread Cookies

The smell from the freshly baked chai shortbread cookies will literally do miracles to your home.

Recipe & Photo via Delicious Everyday

12) Almond Thumbprint Cookies With Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt

Lastly, these little thumbprint cookies are a nice way to finish the baking season.

Recipe & Photo via Food52