When the Frat Boys are Away, it’s Time to Play!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Fraternity rush has officially begun, and you know what that means: it’s time to get creative with the weekend!  During rush, the frats are required to refrain from throwing any parties for a few weekends while their potential new members are rushing.  This leaves many in a quandary over what to do on their nights out, as the frats are usually an easy option when there’s nothing else to do.  But, don’t fret devoted frat-goers; here are some other options that will make your weekend just as fun!

1. Go out to a club
Looking for a fun night of dancing?  Assuming you are of age, try heading to one of the many nightclubs St. Louis has to offer.  Get ready with a group of friends and make a night out of it!  You’ll be sure to find that getting off campus is a nice refresher from the usual, tired frat scene.

2. Have dinner with your girlfriends
With everyone still adjusting to the start of the second semester, you might have found it hard to get in some quality time with your girlfriends.  What better way to solve this than to go out to dinner at a fun restaurant and catch up?  Definite fan-favorites include the Drunken Fish, Guo Bin, or any of the places on the Loop.  A good quality meal AND time with your friends?  What’s not to enjoy!

3. Have a cozy movie night
You might be finding yourself stressed and tired from your already monstrous pile of schoolwork and lack of sleep.  If this sounds like you, opt to spend a night in with your favorite movie and a cozy blanket.  Sometimes, nothing sounds better than curling up in bed and entering another world.

4. Do something spontaneous
If you’re feeling antsy and want to try something you wouldn’t normally do, consider doing something fun and spontaneous with your friends like bowling or roller-skating.  You can even get in touch with your inner child and go to Sky Zone or the City Museum.  Be creative!

Frats? Who needs ’em!  With all that St. Louis has to offer, you should have no lack of things to do with your weekends while the frats are closed.