What to Do with this Bizarre “Fall” Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

As you have probably realized by now, winter is almost upon us. Halloween has passed, and we’re about to dive head first into November, which means it’s basically Christmahanukwanzaa (Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa all mushed into one).

Ugly sweaters and hot cocoa should be predominating our wardrobes and diets. However the weather has decided to ignore the seasonal trend of becoming cold, and we’re going to have an unreasonably warm November. So here are some suggestions for what to do when the weather doesn’t agree with the seasons:

1. Wear those cute shorts you just packed away until next summer; this is like your second last chance for summer clothes.

2. Keep drinking iced coffee. I know that at about this time of year a lot of iced coffee drinkers switch to hot coffee in order to mesh with the changing seasons, but since the seasons aren’t changing, you can keep enjoying iced coffee!

3. Sit outside and soak up the sun a little. We have all this warm weather for no apparent reason (other than maybe global warming), so take advantage! Throw a frisbee with some friends, write a poem under a tree, pet a dog – it’s basically summer so do whatever summer-you would do.

4. Go swimming! I mean the water might be a little cold, but you can still sit in a nice beach chair next to the pool or body of water of your choosing and continue to act like it’s summer. You can just tan and sip your nice cold iced coffee while thinking happy thoughts. Midterms don’t exist. Midterms don’t exist. Midterms don’t exist. This is your happy place, take advantage.

Have a fun couple days of not-summer summer!

by Carolyn Fox

gifs: giphy.com

Washington University Class of 2019. College of arts and sciences, Psychology major with a minor in Design