Summertime Prep: Our Latest & Greatest HC Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Summer has finally arrived and we’re so excited that Her Campus HQ has sent us yet another giant box of goodies! Our summer Survival Kit has everything from books to temporary tattoos and with this, we’re ready to escape campus and head to the beach. Check out what’s inside:

Rich Bitch by Nicole Lapin: Figuring out your finances post-graduation? Or maybe you’re just trying to get your life together in general. Either way, Rich Bitch provides you with a 12-step plan for putting an end to the financial craziness that is a college student’s (or post-grad’s) life. Pick up this book if you’re trying to get in some reading while actually learning something.  

Goodreads.com

Boohoo.com Emergency Poncho: This lightweight, re-usable, one-size-fits-all, unisex poncho is ideal for throwing in your bag at a music festival this summer if the skies are looking a little threatening. That way, you don’t have to drag around a raincoat and you can stay dry when everyone else looks like a drowned rat. Yus.

Boohoo.com

The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn: We had a copy of this in our Midterms Survival Kit and we’re so excited we got another one! This book is a gem for not only students participating in internships this summer, but also post-grads beginning entry-level jobs.

Goodreads.com

Blink Temporary Tattoos: These shiny, shimmery temporary tattoos are the ideal accessory for a sunny day at the beach because there is no way you could possibly lose them, even if you tried. Not to mention, HC gave us a promo code to help us (and our friends) save 15% when we stock up on these tats! (Feel free to use our promo code: HERCAMPUSVIP)  

Blinktats.com

Boohoo Style Fix: Not only has this shopping site provided us with our emergency poncho, but also with a booklet of fashion and style tips to better our summer wardrobes. Check out boohoo.com for the latest fashions and free shipping for purchases $50 or more!

Justjaredjr.com

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.