This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Now that it’s finally nice out here in St. Louis, and the weather app finally has 70’s for more than three days straight, it’s time for ice cream. Here are the top places to get ice cream in St. Louis this spring and a recommendation of their best flavor(s) accompanied by some cute gifs, ‘cause we all need some cute babies/animals eating ice cream in our lives. Happy spring!

1. Jilly’s Cafe and Cupcake Bar

Jilly’s is perfect for when you want to go back to being a 5 year old and eat the most ridiculous but amazing flavored ice creams. 12/10 would recommend the Get Lucky! or Kaboom.

2. Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams

Jeni’s is the place to hit up when you are feeling like you want to channel your inner adult and eat more “classy,” artisanal flavors like Bourbon Salted Pecan or Wildberry Lavender. But don’t worry, they also have amazing classic and less-crazy flavors like Green Mint Chip and Milkiest Chocolate.

3. The Fountain on Locust

The Fountain is the place to go for a fun experience. They have fancy cocktails and ice cream martinis… which you definitely have never thought to try. But, their ice cream is just as amazing eaten plain, as it is in a sundae or ice cream split. My top suggestions would definitely have to be Vanilla Deluxe, Black Cherry or pretty much any of their seasonal flavors.

4. Tower Grove Creamery

Tower Grove has so many great flavors, it’s almost impossible to decide on just one or two every time. They also have so many options of ways to consume your ice cream: in a cup, cone, pint, quart, floats, malts, shakes, sundaes and the ever so amazing, banana splits. You definitely can’t go wrong with Caramel Caribou, Pralines-N-Cream or of course, a classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

5. Ted Drewes Frozen Custard

Ok, obviously Ted Drewes was going to be on this list, but being the the most famous, I had to save it for last. Ted Drewes can not really be explained because it’s just unlike most ice cream places you think of. You go, there is a long line but it goes by quickly because their staff is full of superstars. Then, picking your flavor and filling and what not is a little stressful because there are so many combinations and options, but anything you get is great, so follow your heart.

All GIFs via giphy.com.

Washington University Class of 2019 - Sam Fox School of Art & Design
Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza!