Ryan Forman, 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Former varsity baseball player and current tan, tall and dreamy Sigma Chi known as “The Face,” Ryan Forman is a catch for any girl on campus. Not only will you find Ryan out and about on the weekends, but you will also find him in the library during the week… This flannel-clad Campus Cutie knows exactly how to work hard and play hard.  Though Ryan is usually pretty busy with school, eating sandwiches, and solving Rubix cubes, his favorite place to be is in his suite with his three best friends. What a goober!

Hometown: New York, New York
Grade: 2014
Studying: English Literature, Writing and Psych.
What are you involved in on campus? I’m the philanthropy chair of Sigma Chi and I actually just quit baseball.
Why’d you quit? I wanted to try other things on campus.  I now write for Campus Basement and I’m more involved with my fraternity. I also try to hang out at the DUC a lot. Meet people, you know.
Any DUC lunch suggestions? Oh, definitely. I love lunch. The dumpling man at WashU Wok – he’s the best, in my opinion.
What did you want to be growing up? A rapper. And I also wanted to play in the NBA, and the MLB. Oh, and I wanted to be a doorman.
Really? How come? It’s a very sociable profession; I’d get to talk to people and hang out outside – two of my favorite activities. I also wanted to be a sidewalk at some point – I thought it’d be great!
Do you still want to be a sidewalk? Luckily, I want to be writer these days. I’d write fiction, poetry, non-fiction and journalism. So I’d be an “everything” writer.
Why a writer? I like to think that I’m creative. And I’ve always loved reading.
Tell me about your first kiss? It’s a funny story, actually. It was second grade, and it was recess. This girl Lindsey came up to and was like, “Ryan, guess what?!” Then she jumped up and kissed me in front of all my friends. It was really embarrassing – I wasn’t ready.
Have you always had that head of hair? Yes, it used to be a full-blown afro – of curly Qs.  And when I was a small child at Disney World people would marvel at my hair.  It was blonde, if you could believe it. It used to freak my parents out when people would try to touch it.
What accent do you think is sexiest? Spanish and French accents are sexiest to me. I would absolutely date a foreign girl.
Are you planning to go abroad? I don’t think so, maybe London over the summer. Which would be awesome. Studying at Oxford would be tight.
Celebrity girl crush? Penelope Cruz and Zoe Deschanel. I’m not generic.
Celebrity guy crush? Ryan Gosling. I love The Notebook.
What time do you go to bed? Between 1am and 2am. Usually after extensive Food Network time with my suitemates. Chopped is our favorite.
Any weird habits I should know about? I love jewelry – so biting my jewelry.
Where can we find you most of the time? In the library. Hit me up on the second floor.

So if you’re in the library and in need of a study break, go find Ryan on the second floor of Olin; he’d probably be down to watch The Notebook with you.