Rachel Shaiman 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Hometown

Livingston, New Jersey

Major

Marketing and Entrepeneurship

Minor

Psychology

On campus involvement

Her Campus Preisdent, Pi Beta Phi Media Coordinator

Favorite place to hang out on campus 

The basement of Simon

Last embarassing thing that happened to you

Well last week the mailroom guy asked how he could help me and I said “good you?” thinking he was saying how are you so that was pretty rough

How did you get involved in Her Campus?

Being the eager freshman that I was, I knew I needed to get involved in order “meet people” as my mom was always telling me, and I knew I wanted to wrtie. Before coming to school I had stalked WashU’s Her Campus page a little more than I would like to admit, so I figured it would be a cool site to contribute to.

What’s your favorite part about being the WashU chapter president?

As corny as it sounds, I really appreciate the different people I’ve met through HC. I’ve become friends with girls in all different years which is pretty cool, and I get to write about fun topics that girls my age actually want to read about.

What advice do you have for people who want to get involved with Her Campus?

Reach out! We’re always looking for new writers with different voices and would love to build our team even more for next semester. You can email me at rachelshaiman@wustl.edu!

Chloe is a sophomore in the Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. She hails from Westport, Connecticut where she was Managing Editor of her high school's newspaper. She is an avid fan of ice cream, Sex and the City marathons, and napping.
Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.