Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wash U Features

How to Survive Reading and Exam Week

By Kiki Somers
April 26, 2014 - 10:16pm

The last day of classes is finally here and exams are around the corner. But first comes reading week. Though these few days of non-stop cramming can be daunting and painful, there is a light at the end of the tunnel as summer is only days away. Here are five simple tips to surviving reading week and exams. 1)   Eat Breakfast: READ MORE

Top 20 Chick Flicks of All Time

By Kiki Somers
April 18, 2014 - 4:31pm

Sometimes a girls’ movie night is simply a necessity. But the question always remains, what movie should we watch? Well, below is your cheat sheet to the most quotable, memorable, and sassiest chick flicks out there. 1. The Parent Trap (1998) Every girl’s first and most beloved chick flick – a #tbt to when Li-Lo was still innocent and cutting our own bangs seemed like a great idea! 2. Mean Girls (2004) READ MORE

Best Wash U Hotspots to Show Your Prefrosh

By Chloe Baker
April 11, 2014 - 1:41pm

Trying to sell WashU to a prefrosh simply by telling them “omg it’s the best school ever” or “the people are just SO nice” doesn’t quite cut it. When hosting a prefrosh, it’s essential to show off the best spots around WashU and outside of campus. 1) Holmes Lounge Yes, this sounds ridiculous. However, time travel mentally to when you were looking at colleges and remember how impressed you were by the tiny aesthetic details. One look at those intricate ceilings and the prefrosh will be enchanted by how Instagram-able this school really is. READ MORE

Pros and Cons of Formal Setups

By Sydney Davis
April 4, 2014 - 2:31pm

When springtime rolls around, everyone knows what that means… FRATERNITY FORMAL SEASON. AKA this is when your friend or even your friend’s friend tells you they want to set you up with this guy and how perfect it’ll be. So, do you go for it? Do you agree to the set-up and go out of town with someone you don’t really know? Here are some pros and cons to getting set up for a fraternity formal. PRO: Meet new people! READ MORE

The Do's and Don't's of Being a Good Roommate

By Chloe Baker
March 22, 2014 - 8:13pm

Whether you inboxed your roommate for months before orientation or didn’t speak until having to conduct the awkward “so who’s buying the fridge” talk, you never know what to expect out of your first college roommate. Everyone’s heard the frightening stories (or sometimes urban legends) of psychotic roommates, so here are a few tips to avoid being the girl the stories are about. 1) DO ask before using your roommate’s stuff. READ MORE

The Official Guide to Spring Break DOs and DON'Ts

By lacenguyen
March 8, 2014 - 1:15pm

Well collegiettes, it's that time of year again; you just got over a cold, your midterms are over, and you can't take one more flake of snow…it's time for spring break! So before you pack up your suitcase and make your way to Cancun, try to remember these spring break dos and don'ts. READ MORE

Hidden Gems and Old Favorites: The Best Brunch Spots in STL

By meghangunn
February 28, 2014 - 12:56pm

Breakfast or lunch? How about both? Brunch is quickly becoming the new fad for college students everywhere. If BD just isn’t doin’ it for you, here’s some more motivation to get you out of bed. The Rooster on Locust Street Rooster claims to have “the best brunch in the city” and many can attest to this. Located downtown, it has a cool city vibe. Take advantage of their sidewalk dining option and people-watch while enjoying some awesome food. Nadoz Euro Café READ MORE

4 Perfect Spring Break Destinations

By rebeccamanning
February 17, 2014 - 10:14pm

1. The Bahamas Just a one and a half hour flight from Tampa, Florida, the Bahamas are a great destination if you’re yearning for a classic, tropical vacation.  With over seven hundred islands, cays, and islets, there’s someplace for everyone.  If you’re looking for somewhere with organized activities and events, try Atlantis Resort in Nassau.  Big hotels not your thing? Green Turtle Cay, known for its stunning beaches, is a great spot for those who want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of tourists. READ MORE

4 Crafting Essentials for Sorority Big/Little Week

By emilygraceerani
February 15, 2014 - 5:56pm

Spring rush might have officially come to a close, but while the new members are settling into their new sororities, sophomores are in a scramble to craft for their soon-to-be littles. We want to show these NMs just how much we love them and crafting is one way to surely make them feel welcome! There are many different approaches to big-little week but here are some great crafting ideas to make this year’s big-little week the most amazing week ever. 1. Letters: This is a sorority essential. Every girl needs her own pair of painted letters to represent her new sorority. Grab some wooden letters and paint at any craft store nearby and get to work! READ MORE

4 Out-of-the-Box Pledge Class Bonding Activities

By Chloe Baker
January 31, 2014 - 3:22pm

With the women’s recruitment process finally over and sorority madness just beginning, opportunities for pledge class bonding are abundant. To go beyond the classic pledge class pregames and BD dinners in College Hall, here are a few ideas to become closer to your new sisters. 1) Ice skating READ MORE