This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

With the long-awaited release of Stranger Things, season two has finally made its way into the hearts and TVs of people everywhere. With the temptation to binge-watch stronger than ever, I thought there’d be nothing better than relating the beloved series to midterms (except for *SPOILER* Barb getting the justice she deserves)! So let’s venture on into the Upside Down world filled with the impending doom of exams and essays!

Stage 1: Denial

We’ve all put off studying in the hopes of actually enjoying the college experience, but sure enough, it always comes back to bite us. Suddenly, you’ve got 20 tests, 30 essays, and a nuclear launch code to write in the span of two seconds and you think maybe you can escape them, but you can’t. They will always catch you.

Stage 2: Anger

Chem AND Calc back to back? Impossible! AND you’ve still got to cram weeks of information in a short period of time, which – understandably — causes a load of rage. It’s okay though: eating helps ease the stress.

Stage 3: Bargaining

Time to start praying to the test gods because they’re the only ones who can save you at this point.

Stage 4: Despair

Do I even need to say more?

Stage: 5: Acceptance

As someone probably once said, “Failure helps you grow as a person,” and at this point you most likely relate to that spiritually.

Congrats! Now your midterms are done, you’ve made it through the horrors, and you lived to tell the tale.

Now, it’s time to PARTY!!!

You’ll tell yourself you’ll never do it again…

But deep down you know you still will.

Happy Netflixing and (possibly) studying!

By Abigail Anderson

gifs: giphy.com

Washington University Class of 2019. College of arts and sciences, Psychology major with a minor in Design