Kasey Southard 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Name: Kasey Morgan Southard

Nicknames: Kase-balls, Kaseydillas, K-Swizzle, K Dawg

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio… and I don’t live on a farm!!!!

Major: Marketing and Psych

On Campus Involvement: Books and Basketball Exec, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Her Campus, Club Lacrosse

Would you recommend other students getting involved in Books & Basketball, or a similar activity? Absolutely! It is not only so rewarding to help kids who haven’t gotten the same academic opportunities I received, it is also an amazing way to learn how to help people, and it’s fun. It’s also awesome to see the growth the students make from the beginning to the end of the year, and to have relationships with them. It makes me proud and happy to see them doing well.

What about Her Campus? Should people get involved? Yes, duh. Cool people like Lizzie do it!

You’re also sporty! Club Lacrosse? Did you play lax in high school? Yes! I have played lacrosse since I was in 6th grade. I played varsity in high school. I love that I have the opportunity to play here; it’s great to be able to continue something I loved from high school without having to give up other things for it.

So let’s talk about important things! How do you feel about Lebron James? In a word: soul mate.

What about Justin Bieber? What do you mean?

Thanks K-Swizzle! You’re welcome!

Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza! 
Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.