danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Felice Segall (2017)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Looking for a part-time job or internship during the school year? Want to further your career or make some cash on the side while pursuing your academic degree? If so, this week’s Campus Celeb is someone you should get to know. Sophomore Felice Segall is a Marketing Representative at Wash U for Campus Job, an online platform to help students find part-time employment, whether it be a campus representative role, a position as a freelance writer, or a job at a nearby coffee shop. Making connections can be hard, especially when we’re all busy with school work. Luckily, Felice and Campus Job are here to help! 

Hometown: Dobbs Ferry, NY

Major: Marketing with a minor in Design

On-campus involvement: Challah for Hunger, AOII, campus tour guide, Olin Peer Ambassador, and I also work at the DUC.

Can you tell us a little bit about Campus Job? Campus Job is an online marketplace that connects students with part-time jobs. Students make an account using their WUSTL email, and after filling out a brief profile and uploading their resume, they can browse and apply for jobs. Job opportunities can be anything from a campus brand manager, to a marketing intern, to a blogger or even a bartender. Companies, including start-ups, local businesses, and Fortune 500 Companies, list jobs specific to Wash U students. Applications are done right on the website and can be as easy as clicking a button.

What are some of the jobs currently available for Wash U students? Some of the jobs listed for Wash U right now include a Campus Recrutier for Taglit-Birthright Israel and a Campus Rep for Clothes On Inc.

How did you become involved with Campus Job? Earlier this year, I was just searching around on the internet for campus rep jobs and I came across the Campus Job website. I immediately made an account and later applied for a Campus Job Marketing Representative position.

What are your responsibilities as a Marketing Representative? My job is to inform Wash U students about Campus Job through social media, presentations and partnerships with other groups or organizations.

What is the best part about using Campus Job? Before Campus Job, there wasn’t really a central location for Wash U students to look for part-time jobs or internships. No one has time to search on a million companies’ websites for part-time employment just to find that the company isn’t interested. Campus Job fixes that problem with a super convenient and free website that is easy to use. 

Do you think Campus Job will adapt well to Wash U’s campus and students? Employers use Campus Job specifically to hire college students and Wash U students are always looking for new opportunities to get involved and gain first-hand experience. I feel that the students here are already excited about the opportunities that Campus Job provides, considering there are already 200 students signed up.

What are the benefits of using Campus Job other than making connections? Do you think it helps with the long-term job search? A lot of the positions posted on Campus Job can really give students hands-on experience. Personally, I’ve already gained valuable marketing and social media skills in just two months with my job. These kinds of experiences are great to talk about in an interview. Employers are impressed with students that take the initiative to explore something they’re passionate about. Plus, it doesn’t hurt to make some money along the way!

Visit the Campus Job website to sign up and click here to read more about Campus Job in the press.

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.